Thread: How to improve performance of Lotus Domino mail server

How to improve performance of Lotus Domino mail server

Hi everybody,

I am using Lotus Domino mail server, through performance monitoring and analysis, we can know the server's operational status, that is, the work load in the current server is operational excellence. As the network bottleneck, as it can help me find the server configuration constraints. I need to improve performance of Lotus Domino mail server. Please suggest. Thanks.

Domino administrator should be aware of the supported server configuration. The main components of any one server, there is the memory, CPU, disk (including the logical and physical), other components such as the line buffer memory and the number of disk controllers and so on, are also more important.I have some additional considerations that can enable you to avoid configuration-related issues : Use the disk as soon as possible (for example, 10,000 RPMs) and the use of hardware RAID in software RAID, so faster, and can reduce the CPU load. Check and reply.

You need to a sufficient disk subsystem can reduce memory requirements, since fewer temporary I / O to take up the memory. For Windows NT platform, defragging adequately improve performance. Suggested def ragging once a week. To ensure that the server, even at maximum load, is also at least 4MB of memory available (10 to 20MB and better). It should be noted that the caching strategy platform is likely to play them back.A standard server configuration for the Domino server is not necessarily the best, it is important thing is to have enough disk and controller. Best of luck.

Usually the physical and logical disk structure is often overlooked system resources, is the most frequently overload use. In many Domino server, the best way to improve performance is through a different physical disk to allocate I / O.The ideal situation is the following with the I / O-related files on different physical disks.You need to the paging file on different platforms. If you can place them on a different controller, it is the best. This method is by bus, controller, port and distribute the load on the disk to increase the I / O throughput. Therefore, it is best to use several small disks, rather than a large capacity disk. In particular, you will R5 transaction log with other disk activity isolated to the more open, the better the performance of your server.

Re: How to improve performance of Lotus Domino mail server

In AS/400, the operating system can be used between the disk and controller automatically optimize data distribution. Often on the performance of the measurement data to do the log. If you do not do performance measurement data of the log, you can not measure your success or failure of adjustment. If you regularly log, you not only do the things you have a better understanding of the additional expenditure incurred in providing a more detailed documents.In the auto-configuration and dynamic reconfiguration of key parameters in order to achieve maximum performance, Domino R5 has done a lot of work.

Re: How to improve performance of Lotus Domino mail server

Division can improve resource utilization and high-end Domino system reliability, but also allows you to merge the interests of maintaining the same time, by department or function to the distribution server. Some organizations even use partitions to create a "Service Level Options" .To check the e-mail transmission, you can view your disk using the percentage of time and message sequence length. For the R5, you can also check the mail.box volume of documentation and the number of local mail transfer threads.In order to improve response time, should be optimized as much as possible with the I / O-related files in the way the distribution of the disk subsystem. check and reply.