Thread: Can't install dreamweaver

Can't install dreamweaver

Hello everyone, I have Windows Vista Home I want to install dreamweaver CS3 that I used as normally as possible on my old pc with xp, but I can not even install it asks me to authorize and authorize the program as there is a back window that opens half a second then disappears! and nothing happens after. I think it's the firewall so I disabled to try but it did not! I found in forums that there is an incompatibility between Vista and deamweaver! help me ??

thank you in advance

Re: Can't install dreamweaver

I came to install Dreamweaver CS4 but this time I can not have the steup opens ! I have an error message that says "could not locate the resources in the configuration file folder.this file is required to run Dreamweaver. Please reinstall the application " I have uninstalled and reinstalled, thinking that it could solve the problem but nothing! please help me !

Hello,

Have you installed as admin?

Right click on the setup and run as administrator.

Then if needed on the launch icon, right click Properties and choose Compatibility, tick Run as administrator.

Hello

I faced the similar issue with CS4 and i did manage to solve it. The problem was one of the files did not install so I checked all the files on my dreamweaver installed on xp and copied missing files of dreamweaver on vista and it worked for me!

I'l advice you to do a complete clean uninstallation, using rivo uninstaller and ccleaner and then do re-installation of dreamweaver , also use StartCop to eliminate any unnecessary programs that load at startup. Try your luck, this might get work for you.

Can you post your system specifications? There are many other alternative applications like some functions of dreamweaver can be done with windows movie maker is free another one is dvd photoslide but not free. Some times it happens because of less amount of RAM, because for running dreamweaver you need atleast 512Mb of RAM. So check if your system is well compatible with program that you installing.