Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

DoD CAC stopped working in Windows 7

Windows Software

Old 13-02-2010

DoD CAC stopped working in Windows 7

I am windows 7 operating system with my system whenever i try to visit the DoD websites requiring mutual SSL , The Internet Explorer always look for certificates and will find my common access card. I added the ActivClient 6.1 to the mix since all the previous versions required that in order to interact with the DoD CAC. How to go about this please help.

Old 13-02-2010

Re: DoD CAC stopped working in Windows 7

This situation arises whenever there is no software for the Depertment of defense common access card for windows 7. So if you want to use it you will have to use it with the windows Vista 64 bit. I think that this will definitely help you to solve this problem. If it doesn't then visit the windows official website and try to solve this
Old 13-02-2010

I think that you need to download and install the vcredist file and then the ActivClient6_1_homeuse_v2. This will appear to you as the certificate is invalid. Simply ignore this warning. You should try to register the publisher by your self if you are usin a 64 bit operating system. It will guide you how to install them.
Old 13-02-2010

When i had this problem then i installed the NIPRDODCerts_v4_0 After that i started the Troubleshoot Campat or program and i found that it will work with all the older version of windows so i chose windows Vista after doing this i installed and ran the VCredist and Now run the Active client with the Troubleshoot compat.

Last edited by kattman : 13-02-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 13-02-2010

It appears as you need to change some settings in your Internet Explorer so simply open the Internet Explorer browser and follow the steps mentioned below:

* Select Tools -> and click Internet Options
* Now select the "Content" tab
* Click the "Certificates" button
* On the "Personal" tab click the "Advanced" button.
* Get back to the Advanced Options configuration window and select the checkbox for "Client Authentication" and press the OK button
* Restart the browser.
Old 13-02-2010

I don't think that you can login to the domain without installing the Activclient. In this case i will advise you to visit the Websites ehich are CAC enabled Using any common access card. Because this situation indicates that the newer cards are working. Install the ActivClient and login with any cards.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,