Thread: iDvd error during rendering/encoding menus slideshows

iDvd error during rendering/encoding menus slideshows

Hi,

I have been using iDVD'08 for the first time. I've never needed to use iDVD'08 before. Today, for the first time I tried to create a three-DVD slideshows. I created the project without a problem but when burning the DVD several times I get the error message: "There was an error during rendering/encoding of the menus/slideshows. The burning process has been canceled." I wonder if its anything to do with the space they have, but on my MacBook I have 31.8GB free. I tried to change a theme in iDVD 6 (Brush Strokes) with the same result. I tried to put out the introduction, the same result. I rebuilt the iDVD file-same result.

Re: iDvd error during rendering/encoding menus slideshows

If the error occurs during the processes of multiplexing or coding, it deletes all coded components of the project.Then start iDVD and see if there is a module from another manufacturer (other than Apple) in /Library/QuickTime/ and ~/Library/QuickTime/ (the symbol "~" represents your home folder). If so, disable it temporarily moving them to another folder. Open iDVD and burn the project again.

If you're still having problems recording, and are issues that occur only during recording in iDVD, try to record another project to see if it is the same problem. Consider creating a test project or using a different theme to see if that solves the problem. To create a test project:

1. Open iMovie.
    2. Import some screen images from / Library / Desktop Pictures /.
    3. Ken Burns effect applied to imported images to create DV clips.
    4. Send the iMovie project to iDVD (click on the iDVD tab and then on the Create iDVD project).
    5. Choose a topic different from the original project (be sure to select one that be provided with iDVD).
    6. Save this project.

iDvd error during rendering/encoding menus slideshows, it is possible that the problem is related to the original project.

Try the following things :
    * Select another location.
    * Select additional images / movies of substance or drop zone.
    * Rebuild the original project from the beginning.
    * If the project is contained in iMovie, export iMovie projects to QuickTime. Check if the resulting QuickTime files play correctly in QuickTime Player. Consider export files to DV files (select maximum quality) and import the resulting DV file to iDVD project.

If you are using iDVD 5 or later, it is possible that you are able to identify the actual frame of video that is being codified at the time the error occurred if you look at the thumbnail preview in the progress dialog. This can help isolate the problem to a specific file into the iDVD project that may be causing the problem. If the problem only occurs on the first time, then run the software update for updating again.

This may be a problem with the brand or type of content you're using, or SuperDrive, you may want to burn the DVD into a disk image instead of a DVD . Simply select Save as disk image menu File. If the disk image gives the same error when you open it and play it on your DVD player, it is possible that the problem is not the content or SuperDrive. If the DVD is recorded correctly in an image but not on a DVD, try another brand or another type of content and see if the problem persists. Try record the image on a DVD with Disk Utility.