Thread: iDVD : Power Calibration Error (0x73, 0x03)

iDVD : Power Calibration Error (0x73, 0x03)

Hi,

I want to burn DVDs and CDs on my mac pc, but when using iDVD I get "The recording media device reported the media error. Power caliberation area error (0x73,0x03).". I have a powerbook g5, I'm so desperate that if someone told me that I needed to buy a new Mac, I would you please help.

Re: iDVD : Power Calibration Error (0x73, 0x03)

Make sure you have enough free disk space to create a DVD. To burn a DVD, you need approximately 5 GB of free space on the startup volume. In the case of recording a disc image, it is necessary to approximately double the space. If during the recording process get the error message "The recording unit has detected a media error, you may not have enough disk space.

Temporarily disable all modules that are not Apple QuickTime or removing them from /Library/QuickTime/ and ~/Library/QuickTime/ and then try again. The symbol "~" represents your home folder. If you are using a third-party theme in iDVD, try to select a subject in iDVD. You must do this in all the menu pages belonging to this project. Try burning the project again.

If the error occurred in recording an album that was partially recorded but unreadable, try to burn a DVD a large amount of data in the Finder or another application to see if the problem is unique to iDVD. For example, try to burn a DVD copy of /Library/Fonts/from the Finder. Make sure you have the updated software, including QuickTime, Mac OS X and iDVD. Click here For more information about software update.

If the problem is not unique to iDVD, run Apple Hardware Test to verify that there are problems with the RAM, processor, etc. If Apple Hardware Test is satisfactory, check for possible record from another user account on the same computer (this document gives you the steps to create a new user if you do not have one). If this fails, considering Archive and Install install the operating system, keeping users. Run the software update again and see if problems persist recording from multiple applications.

If this error is only with iDVD, take note of what was shown in the progress dialog when recording is stopped the process. iDVD 5 and later versions will show the exact frame that was being processed at that time in the process that converts the MPEG movies to DVD (multiplexing or encoding). If the recording is stopped during encoding and multiplexing or has not yet reached the stage of recording, it is likely that the problem is not related to the SuperDrive or DVD. Remember that if there has been an error in recording a project in any of these phases, it is possible that the disc is still blank and can be reused again. Insert the disc and see if the Finder indicates that the disc is blank or unformatted.