Thread: Transfer an iTunes library from a PC to a Mac

Transfer an iTunes library from a PC to a Mac

Hello everybody,

I soon get my first new notebook , I have two three questions that bother me in mind . How, for example, directed the transfer of an iTunes library on an original PC to a Mac. I think i have to use the ipod as a bridge between the two but I'm not sure the handling is so simple and I fear that we need to use software.

Thank you in advance

Re: Transfer an iTunes library from a PC to a Mac

I will copy very stupidly folder "iTunes Music" from PC to Mac, by putting in "Music", and launching iTunes to see, even re-import the XML:

How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists

I advise you to know what goes where, you know what to take, where to and how to tell the new iTunes:

iTunes for Windows: Moving your iTunes Media folder
    iTunes for Mac: Moving your iTunes Music folder

Thanks for help, but this method seems rather complicated for a novice like me ... But I just can't find a simpler solution .... Isn't there any application which do all this for me without going into so much deep technically? Someone has done it something like that before?

Refer to following threads which can resolve your issue:

Transfer iTunes Library Between Mac and Windows
    Need to transfer entire iTunes Library to another Computer

Hope this helps.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Use CopyTrans , CopyTrans is the best solution for rebuilding your entire iTunes library from your iPod, iPod Touch or iPhone. It allows you to easily transfer music, podcasts and videos from your iPod / iPhone to your PC and your playlists (playlists), rankings and other personal data. Whether you need to send your iPod / iPhone for repair, retrieve your music after a system crash or hard disk, or simply save your music to another hard drive, CopyTrans will create a copy iPod / iPhone easily.

Hi, I had the same problem there about 3 months when I switched. My iTunes library was a bit chaotic, there were pieces everywhere on my SD. I started consolidating my library (ie that iTunes copy all that is in your library in the folder "iTunes Music") . Then using the medium of your choice, you replace the file "iTunes Music" in your mac (he is in the Music folder of your mac. By that of your PC. you start iTunes and magic magic you've solved all your music and above all the changes that you had been able to do (titles, album ) Basically you make a big copy and paste

I hope not to have been too complicated and you could do it, not be troubled with software that is simple enough to be even