Thread: How to enable LightScribe in Vista

How to enable LightScribe in Vista

Hi,
    What are the steps to make a LigtScribe service work if it is not enabled in Windows. I want to use the same on Windows Vista. I had also installed Nero in the same computer. But I am not able to locate the LigtScribe service anywhere. I think there is need of some software. The other thing I need is how to determine by the extension of a ISO file the belonging software.

Re: How to enable LightScribe in Vista

You just give you a DVD recorder that supports the latest LightScribe technology but you can not activate this feature in Nero or your favorite burning software. This is easy to do that. But it is necessary to install on your machine driver support for the LightScribe technology that is enabled on your system. Just install your proper drivers and then you can see a new icon on your desktop. Then just run it.

Yes once you got a proper driver for your Ligtscribe hardware then restart Nero. You will find that a new icon has appeared. This proves that the LightScribe technology is now activated. When Lighscribe is activated to print your CD you can use the program for example Nero Cover Designer comes with Nero or Droppix Label Maker. Any suitable software for DVD label can used.

It happens many times that even after putting the proper driver the Nero Ligtscribe icon is not working or grayed. For that you caon do this. Go to your control panel from the Start Menu and then click on Administrative Tools. In Administrative Tools click on Service and then look for LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service. Right click on it and then choose properties. After that in the appearing window go to Startup Type and select Automatic. The display below the status of the service is set to Start.

One thing you have to do more to make that thing work more properly and to ensure that you have full access to it. In the same way open Administrative Tools and click on Local Security Policy. Choose Local Policies and then click on Security Options. Double-click the entry Devices - Allow access to CD-ROM to users connected locally. Choose Off. Confirm this change by clicking the Apply button and then click OK.

This happens in many case it is not possible to determine the extension of ISO image created by different types of software's. Here are some software with their extensions created while burning a ISO files. The extension B5I and B5T was used by BlindWrite. A .bin is a CDRWin tool. In the same way ibp and ibq is of Isobuster. Others are c2d for WinOnCD, ccd for CloneCD, CD for CD-i OptImage, cdi for DiscJuggler, cif for Easy CD creator, etc.