Thread: How to disable Send-a-Smile from Startup in Office 2010?

How to disable Send-a-Smile from Startup in Office 2010?

Hi, I am running Microsoft Office 2010 beta. And i am getting problem with the same. Whenever i start up the Windows operating system at that a application of the Office come up on the system i.e. Send-a-Smile which i am not using any time and i want to disable the same. So help me to know about How to disable Send-a-Smile from Startup in Office 2010?. Thank you

Re: How to disable Send-a-Smile from Startup in Office 2010?

If i am not wrong then you need to disable the feature of the Office 2010 that Send-a-Smile from the Start up. Which you can perform with the System Configuration window. For that just open the run and type the msconfig and the go to the Startup tab and then only you can get the option if the send a smile, uncheck that and and you are done.

If you don't want to use it any more then it is better to uninstall it from the Windows operating system. You just open the Control panel from the setting and the go to the Microsoft Office Send a Smile and right click on the same and select the uninstall from the context menu. That will ask you for the confirmation for the deletion of the same. Click on yes and it will remove it from the system.

Hey thanks for all your help that you have given me for stopping the send a smile from the start up so that i can get rid of it. But the problem is still persisting as i ma using the Windows 7 operating system and having less idea about the same so that i can perform the detail you have done so tell me detail about the stopping it in the Windows 7.

OK to work this in the Windows 7 you have to follow the same that you are looking for to stop the Send a smile . I hope you will like it so go with it and say thanks if you like it.

1. Just Click on the start up menu
    2. Type msconfig in search box
    3. Now on the System Configuration Window go to startup tab
    4. Uncheck the 'Office Send-a-Smile scheduler'
    5. Now Click on Apply
    6. Click on OK
    7. Click on Restart button

The Office 2010 blog has a great post about send a smile (or some times a frown). Basically, you click on the Send-a-Smile (or frown) to send feedback directly to the team @ Microsoft. These actions can have an immediate impact on the product. Several weeks ago the team was debating changes to BackStage. Some members felt that Save As doesn’t clearly communicate whether you are saving the object or database. All Office apps save the document but Access is different as it has objects within the document. People argued that it has always been Save As and it is something we can ship with this time. We also had concerns that Save Database As wasn’t so discoverable. You can do it—but it is in the Share place. To download the same in Feature if you wish to then go to the Microsoft.