Thread: iTunes 9 : Home Sharing is not working

iTunes 9 : Home Sharing is not working

Hi,

I have windows 7 desktop and a acer laptop with windows xp. My problem is that I am unable to connect to iTunes Home Shares on my local network. I am just not able to enter itunes but I tunes works properly on the individual computer's i:e without sharing. So can you tell me the reason why iTunes 9 Home Sharing is not working ??

Re: iTunes 9 : Home Sharing is not working

Check system requirements, Share your iTunes at home takes two or more computers, each of which must:

• Being on the same Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

• Using iTunes 9 or greater.

• Have enabled home Share the same account in iTunes or App Store and password entered correctly.

Have you Verified the network connectivity ??? Share at home requires that the two computers are connected via cable or Wi-Fi to the same local network to view, play and import content from your iTunes library. One way to see if the computers are in the same local network can see if your network configuration specifies the same IP address of the router. The router address is composed of a series of four numbers separated by dots.

You need to check the settings on iTunes, share in home for use with different computers, you must configure Share at home at all. In addition, each member of Share in the home must use the same account name iTunes or App Store. Windows 7: Start> Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing> [Name of the network connection]> Details

The automatic transfer of content from the iTunes Store is disabled by default. To automatically transfer content between computers, click the Settings icon while viewing a shared home and select the content to be transferred. The automatic transfer applies only to iTunes Store content that you purchase or download after sharing enabled home. The previously downloaded content or content off iTunes Store can be transferred manually. It may be necessary to allow the reading of iTunes Store content on other computers.

The service for sharing home transfers the media file and the information from the ID3 tag. It does not transfer the iTunes metadata, including rankings, history and reading reviews. If your iTunes libraries contain a large amount of same content, you must manually select the songs you want transferred. If you have duplicates files, then use the show duplicate items options in iTunes to find and remove duplicates.