Thread: How to edit video with VirtualDub

How to edit video with VirtualDub

Hi, i wanted an application to edit and encode video clips to to encode it one of my friend's blog. While searching for the same, i found this Virtualdubmod software for windows . Well, thanks for this. I just downloaded VirtualDub. Now, i dont know how to use it and need help from you all guys to avoid mistakes and do the job perfectly. Could you guys please guide me in editing video clips with VirtualDub ? Thanks in advance.

Re: How to edit video with VirtualDub

As you said you have already downloaded VirtualDub douple click and extract the files. To do so click the command Extract all files. The Extraction Wizard opens compressed files. Click the Next button. Use the Browse button, select the folder where to copy VirtualDub C: \ Program Files \ VirtualDub for instance, and click the Next button. VirtualDub files are then extracted. Click Finish when the operation ended.

The VirtualDub folder is displayed. We will now create a shortcut to the software on the desktop. Click for it with the right mouse button on the file VirtualDub (VirtualDub.exe if you view the file extensions) and click the Copy command. Then click the right button mouse on a blank area of the desktop and select Paste Shortcut. A shortcut is created on the desktop. You can rename by clicking it and pressing F2.

The DivX codec will you use to encode your movie once made the cut. Just download the DivX codecs and save on the desktop. Once the download is completed Run and confirm the launch of the software installation of DivX Video Bundle by clicking the Run button. Choose the English language and click OK. Click the Next button. Check the box I agree to the terms of the license and click Next. Leave the boxes DivX Codec and DivX Converter ticked and uncheck the others. Double-click the Next button. Select the option Do not install the toolbar from Yahoo! And click the Next button. Finally, click the Close button.

To edit video clips with VirtualDub start VirtualDub double-clicking the shortcut you created on the desktop. Confirm the launch of the software by clicking the Run button. Click the OK button. Click Start VirtualDub. Click the File menu and then click Open video file. Select your hard drive the video file to cut and then click Open.

The bar reading shows you your position (frame) in the video. Move it up to the start of the game to keep. Use the Play and Stop buttons for improved accuracy. Then press the Home key on your keyboard or click the Mark In button. A mark is added at the beginning of the party to keep. Put yourself in the end of the party to retain, always using the bar reading. Then press the End key on your keyboard or click Mark Out. Thats it !!!

In order to encode and store video click the Audio menu and make sure "Direct Stream Copy is selected. Click on the Video menu and click Compression. Select the codec DivX 6.8 Codec and click OK. Then click the menu File then Save as AVI. Provide a name for your new video cut and then click the Save button. Your video is then cut and stored in DivX format. Once finished, you have a new video of the point you want.

It should be noted that any further operation is made shall apply to the selection. This is often interesting to do some tests on a piece small video. Before proceeding it should be noted that in all editing operations that we are going to comment must be elected prior to saving the result, the menu option Video Direct Stream Copy. Full processing mode option is when we used to compress or recompress using DivX or Xvid codecs.