Thread: How to convert wav file into mp3 file?

How to convert wav file into mp3 file?

How to convert a wave file into mp3 file?

Can you do with Audiocity which is already on my computer if so then please tell me the way. thank you, or any other free recommendation applications for performing this small task?

Thank you very much.

Re: How to convert wav file into mp3 file?

I do not know audiocity but I know you can do with Apple's iTunes, you do a right click and you choose to convert to Mp3 ...Its simple with itunes, i sue itunes only to cover my wav files into mp3.

• Launch iTunes, from the Edit menu, click Preferences.
    • Select the Advanced tab in the top menu, then click Import embedded options on the Advanced tab.
    • In the drop-down list next to Import Using, select MP3 Encoder.

Use online Media Converter, Media-Convert function without registration and free. You have nothing to install and no special software is required. You only need your regular internet browser. You can convert different file format.

With audacity, download the missing dll in order to save the mp3.

To convert a WAV file to an MP3:

• If you have not already, download and install the LAME MP3 library into Audacity. This gives the ability of the audacity, the ability to export MP3 files.
    • Open Audacity, and use it to open your WAV file.
    • In the File menu in Audacity, select "Export as MP3".
    • Save the file, then use the same MP3 file to burn an audio CD with Windows Media Player or any other tool for creating audio CDs.

To convert files, you load them into Audacity. Then in the file menu there should be an option saying to export to MP3. Clicking this will save it as an MP3 file encoded. First download the file mentioned in the above post.

I am suggesting one more approach. You will need lame for audacity (or another converter tool that has command line interface). This biterscripting script will convert all .wav to .mp3 in the specified folder/directory.

Code:
    # Script Wav2Mp3.txt
    var str dir, list, infile, outfile
    # Collect a list of .wav files in $dir.
    lf -n "*.mp3" $dir > $list
    # Go thru files one by one.
    while ($list <> "")
    do
        # Get the next input file.
        lex "1" $list > $infile
        # Create the output file name by replacing .wav by .mp3.
        sal -c -p "^.wav^l" ".mp3" $infile > $outfile
        # Convert.
        echo -e "DEBUG: Converting " $infile " to " $outfile
        system ("lame.exe -b 56 --resample 44.1 "+"\""+$infile+"\" \""+$outfile+"\"")
    done

Save the script in file "/Scripts/Wav2Mp3.txt", then run this command in biterscripting.

Code:
    script "/Scripts/Wav2Mp3.txt" dir("/path/to/folder/containing/wav/files")

Will convert all .wav files to .mp3 files in the directory "/path/to/folder/containing/wav/files". The converted files will have the extension of .mp3.

Test first in a test folder. I have not tested it. (I have used this before, just not this exact script.)

use jetaudio plus 7.03

Convert wav file into mp3 file?

There are many software available in market which says that there are good in converting wav file to mp3 but out of all i would suggest you to go with Aiseesoft MP3 WAV Converter, at the same time it also convert audio and video to MP3 and WAV, AIFF, AMR, AU, FLAC, MP2 audio formats with friendly interface and lots of useful conversion features.

Mykies Guest

It's much easier to convert your files with Tunebite Converter, because all you have to do is to import the files you want to convert and select the output of the files and hit convert. Besides that it's easy to use, it can convert audio and video files to any formats you need. Can convert protected wma to mp3, protected wmv to mp4 and also unprotected audio and video files, as flv to mp4, flv to 3gp, even flv to mp3 etc.
    I use it for a while and works great for me all the time with audios, videos and now movies, I have tons of movies and music.

You can use the Cool Mp3 Converter is an influential tool that lets you convert files in batches from WAV files into MP3 or Microsoft Media Audio (WMA) arrangement and back. This software converts MP3 or WMA files into WAV format or the arrangement you want for burning onto CD and converts WAV files into MP3 or WMA format for listening to your preferred music in slighter size and similar in temperament with a good number of MP3 player. It can play solitary file or complete the files in a record in batches.