Thread: Viewing PDF in Firefox and Safari

Viewing PDF in Firefox and Safari

Hi everyone. For some time I appreciate viewing pdf in safari preview. But I also use Firefox and I need plugin to view them. But when the plugin is installed, Safari used in place of insight. This is unfortunate because for Snow Leopard Safari is launched in 64-bit and the plugin required to start 32-bit (and I will not!). So basically how to live together can use the Schubert plugin it for reading pdf files in Firefox and insight to the native pdf files in Safari. More comprehensively how to manage the different plugins used by Internet browser?

Thank you

Re: Viewing PDF in Firefox and Safari

Hi,

Why you use a specific plug-in in Firefox?

You go into preferences / applications tab you click on pdf file in the menu that appears you go to another and then you choose preview.

Ben actually I want to see in Firefox without downloading. In the menu indicated for Firefox is not the pdf (I have version 3.6 of firefox). Thanks for help, please psot more suggestions.

There is a module specific to Firefox to view the PDF. Unlike the "Schubert", it does not interfere with Safari.

Firefox PDF Plugin for Mac OS X 1.1.3

PDF plugin for Firefox 3 on Mac OS X. Displays PDF documents in the browser. The extension uses the built-in PDF support in Mac OS X to display PDF documents within Firefox 3.

Do you have installed Firefox 3.6 beta? Beta versions are not stable to use, uninstall that because beta verisons releases for testing purpose and we should upgrade as soon as the stable version is available.

If PDF documents open within Firefox but only the first page is viewable, make sure that the QuickTime plugin isn't set to handle PDF content:

[LIST=1][*]From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.[*] From the View menu, choose QuickTime.[*]Click the Plug-In tab and click MIME settings....[*] In the list of MIME types, click the triangle next to "Images - Still image files".[*]If "PDF Image" is checked, click the check box to clear it.[*]Click OK[/LIST