Thread: How to add a calendar to the Thunderbird mail

How to add a calendar to the Thunderbird mail

Hi, i am using Thunderbird as my default mail client. Now as we all know by default Thunderbird does not include a calendar for managing tasks and appointments. It creates many difficulties for me. I have seen many people having a calendar in their Thunderbird application. Could you guys please make me know how can add a calendar to the Thunderbird mail and also the way to Customize the theme? I appreciate all your helps.

Integrate calendar into Thunderbird

To integrate calendar into Thunderbird, launch Thunderbird and lick on the Tools menu and then click Add-ons. In the window that opens, click Get Extensions. Your browser is opened on the site extensions for Thunderbird. Enter lightening in the search field and press Enter. Click the Download button. Save the file to a temporary folder on your hard drive.

Return to Thunderbird. In Add-ons window, click the Install button. Select your hard drive the xpi file you just downloaded. Click Open. After the countdown, click the Install Now button. Finally Restart Thunderbird. You can manage your calendar and task list in Thunderbird. Use the icons at the bottom left to switch between calendar, mail and task list.

Re: How to add a calendar to the Thunderbird mail

The Lightning Extension for Thunderbird can do the job well, i think. It is the the calendar manager of Thunderbird, an extension to Thunderbird. This extension allows Thunderbird Lightning to read or write events in Google Calendar. The procedure is very simple since it suffices to define a new network calendar in Thunderbird, Google Calendar, check the calendar list networks that appears, and indicate the flow xml previously collected. Then it only remains to create your event, which will automatically sync to Google Calendar, and you can get on your site.

Re: Customizing Themes for Thunderbird mail

Like Firefox, Thunderbird can be customized with themes. You can then use new colors and new icons for the interface. In order to do so open Thunderbird , go to Tools menu and then click Add-ons. Click on the icon themes. Click on the link to get themes. Visit the different themes until you find one you like. Click above to view its description and preview.

Download and save a file on the desktop.Back in Thunderbird and click the Install button. Select the jar file you just downloaded which is the theme you want to apply and click Open.Then click the Install Now button.Finally, click on the button Restart Thunderbird.

Re: How to add a calendar to the Thunderbird mail

Installation must first install Lightning. Then you must install the extension "Provider for Google Calendar" Once done, you must click on the icon "Agenda" which was added under the tree "e". Before engage in the creation of an agenda, it is necessary to recover retrieve the private address of your XML Events (in Settings> Calendar> Detail of the Agenda) on "Google Calendar". Then return to Thunderbird and create a new Calendar. The must select options "on the network", then "Google Calendar" and specify the url as the site previously selected.