Thread: Entourage Error 3155 : Unable to send mail

Entourage Error 3155 : Unable to send mail

Hi,

I have a Entourage 2008 installed on macbook pro. My problem is that when I try to reply or forward the email message, I get the error code 3155. Is it the problem with server or the problem is with my settings. What does this Entourage Error 3155 mean ??? I hope for a quick reply.

Re: Entourage Error 3155 : Unable to send mail

When attempting to send emails or receive emails using Microsoft Entourage for Mac, you receive one of the following error messages:
    • Error: Could not send mail with account account_name. An error of type-3155.
    • Error: Could not receive mail through AccountName account. An error of type-3155.

The network or Internet connection may be unavailable. Make sure that you are connected to the network or the Internet. Check with your network administrator or Internet service provider (ISP to determine whether a network or Internet connection is available.

Check if the mail server is available. Make sure that the e-mail server is online. If you have previously successfully have connected to the account, could be the e-mail server is offline. Check with your e-mail provider or your network administrator to determine whether the e-mail server is unavailable. This problem may occur if the ISP has a maximum size limit for attachments, and emails you send or receive attachments that have included more than this limit. Typically, this problem occurs when programs or graphics attached to emails.

Entourage Error 3155 is related to emails with large attachments. So use a third party software to compress files attached to emails. Try adjusting the detection or the graphical configuration of the attachment so that the final size of the attachment is smaller. Normally, fewer colors produce a lower resolution and fewer pixels produce smaller files. Post pictures on a website instead of sending images as email attachments. Then send recipients a link to that Web site.

Make sure that you have entered the correct ID and password of your account in Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition. Click on the Tools menu and then click the Accounts tab, e-mail. Double-click the account you want to check. Check on the Account Settings and Advanced tabs, if you have entered the correct information, eg the e-mail address and name of the server. For a Microsoft Exchange account Or an LDAP account of Entourage, you are prompted to enter the username and password, if no connection to the e-mail server can be established.

Try Enabling SMTP authentication for POP - Or the IMAP Account. Some e-mail services as MobileMe mail acco.unts require authentication for the SMTP server. If you are satisfied that all account settings are correct, without that you can send messages, you activate the SMTP authentication.
    • Click the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    • Click on the tab, e-mail, and then double-click a POP or IMAP account.
    • Click the Account Settings tab, under E-mail to click here to display advanced sending options.
    • Check the box SMTP server requires authentication, and then select an option for the account ID and password that you want to use.