Thread: Which is the best wiki software ?

Which is the best wiki software ?

Hi ,

I Want to create a web site like Wikipedia. I searched on the Google and I found many such software but can you tell me, Which is the best wiki software ? I am confused between all these software, so which one do you recommend me ......

Re: Which is the best wiki software ?

It also depends on the type of application you want builds upon: site internet, programming with database, application windows, games and more. Also, if you know or have some knowledge of a programming language, it can guide your choice. The best of the best for me right now is .Net development. Whether Windows or Linux. The source code is portable and there is a framework for each OS sities above. There are different programming language. Net: VB.Net, C, C + +, j #, ASP.Net, PHP.Net (with a particular framework ),..

You can use JAMWiki, this wikis engine is implemented using Java and JSPs which seeks to provide most of the functionality of MediaWiki. It can work with a database or not and is designed to be quick and easy to install and configure. It covers under the license (LGPL) GNU Lesser General Public License. On page of SourceForge is distributed in source code and packaged in a file .WAR.

Try MediaWiki software, it is a wiki encyclopedia originally written for Wikipedia. It is now used by other projects wikis of Wikimedia Foundation and other wikis, including this website, the home of MediaWiki. MediaWiki includes an installation utility that lets you install it using your web browser. If you can not handle your own server and only have access to a database, remember that MediaWiki is able to share its database with other applications. You need not know SQL, HTML, XHTML or CSS. All you need is a basic knowledge of PHP if you need to modify configuration files.

For me, Tiki CMS or TikiWiki is the best wiki software, it is a content management system for collaborative nature (CMS / Groupware) easy to configure and customize, designed to create portals, community sites, intranets and Web applications in general. The Web format Tikiwiki is a powerful software to accommodate users in mass or in figures of millions of users, contains an advanced text editor, such as web editor WYSIWYG, configuration files and multimedia of image, animation, flash, audio and video. It has a large number of features that enhance their chances of collective work: mailing lists, internal messaging, blogs or blogs, publishing articles, FAQ, polls, chat, directory for links, newsletters, calendar ...

Well, I will recommend you DokuWik. It is a software for managing collaborative webs of type wiki, written in the programming language PHP and distributed in open source licensed under the GPL. It is aimed for use by groups of developers, workgroups and small companies in general. Its syntax is similar to that of MediaWiki, but unlike the software, information is stored in text files, so it does not require the use of a database.

Features of DokuWik :

• You do not need a database. You can access specific Web pages from the file system.
    • Support of international characters in the content and web addresses (URLs).
    • Text encoding UTF-8
    • User Management own or integrated with LDAP, mySQL, Postgres with permission levels through access lists ACL.
    • Cache of pages. Dokuwiki temporarily store the result of converting the original HTML page to improve efficiency.