Thread: How to play Live Music by Miraton

How to play Live Music by Miraton

Hi,
    I have a found a very useful software which can make my music live from my laptop. The name of that software is Miraton. It is for MAC system. It is a free open source tool which allows to play sound with the keyboard. I need some details on the same and steps to add music files on it. I have a wide collection of tracks which I can access through iTunes. What about this them. How to play live music via Miraton. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to play Live Music by Miraton

Miraton lets you play live from audio files. You can trigger your samples with your keyboard and apply effects and control them with your mouse. It is compatible with a variety of formats. Like mp3, wav, etc. You will just need to add all your sound in it and the some keyboard shortcuts which will make your laptop a live music tool.

Simply import sounds you then assign a key on your computer that you will then switch to start or stop the sound. You can import sounds 15 per page knowing that you have access to 6 pages. You can manage up to 90 sounds (or samples). Then for each sound, there are several settings that you can play: Making the loop or not (Loop), distorting the sound, the pitcher. For this, simply click your mouse over the button of his question (the button turns red), a list of parameters appears. All this in real time.

To import your music in Miraton you must go to File > Open sounds. Choose 1 as a first step (which corresponds to the number of sound). Give the path to a sound of your hard drive. Then click the mouse via a key on the keyboard where you want to assign this sound, go into the Sounds menu and click on the previously imported. A small figure falls on the button corresponding to its number in the list. So you can make this manip of 15 different sounds, but also change the page and repeat the same manip for a new setup.

In Miraton there are maximum of 6 pages allowed to use at once. Obviously you can change the page without the sounds of the previous page do not stop! You can then save your settings by going to the File menu > Save setup. This allows you to store multiple remix. That it and you are done. Listen those sound live on your MAC PC and share the same with other too.

You can activate those imported sound through the keyboard key. By clicking with the mouse on the button in question, it is possible to apply some real-time effects (distortion, pitch), to the sound loop. You will get a big white square apply effects in real time using your mouse. Caution must be ambidextrous can post the keys through your samples and with the other hand manage their settings.