Thread: How to fix MS DOS Compatibility mode

How to fix MS DOS Compatibility mode

Hi,
    How to fix the Ms-DOS compatibility mode in older version of windows. I need some more working information on the same. I know that it can be disabled by Windows registry key. I had found this in the windows settings. I had notice some of my hard drive running on the same. I want to stop this how to do that. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to fix MS DOS Compatibility mode

It seems that when Windows encounters a problem loading a driver FDI in protected mode, it adds the line Node to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ VxD \ IOS. To begin, it is therefore necessary to destroy this entry and then you bring drivers or directly copy the file - C: \ windows \ system \ Iosubsys.

To fix it fast just reboot your system. In principle, your problems should be solved. If they are not, the entry in the registry has been re-inserted. He must then take a look at your IDE ports and make sure that these ports are not occupied by incompatible devices. Check out that properly first. Because this many times is a ignored issue. You can check that an ensure the same.

Indeed, the DMA mode for example requires the simultaneous use of IDE ports (in fact, the serialization). The presence of an IDE drive on the primary port and a CD-ROM on the secondary port is likely to create this kind of trouble with certain IDE controllers. Think of the move to change their scheduling.

Also I have installed hard drive on primary ide and secondary ide cdrom on early because I had the 2 on the same sheet in primary ide but an exclamation point. The MS-DOS compatibility mode appears due to a disk problem when Windows starts with some disk controllers. It ensures better functioning pricipe drive by disabling all accelerators read-write.

In older versions of windows When a problem was detected, a variable in the registry is positioned. When this variable is set, and subsequent starts, Windows no longer the tests. The variable to change, to remove the compatibility mode MS-DOS, called NOIDE and changes as follows Run the registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ VxD \ IOS. Then Delete the keys and reboot your system.