Thread: Remote printing using Teamviewer

Remote printing using Teamviewer

I want to print a document from a different my office system while i am at my home is it possible using the Teamviewer remote connection software if yes then please tell me how can i do this can you also tell me whether i would require the printer drivers for this remote printing. any help would be appreciated

re: Remote printing using Teamviewer

As far as i know it is not possible to achieve remote printing using the teamviewer software. The teamviewer software program is used for the purpose of remote support that too for non commercial use only. I don't think that the software will be able to print the document from your office system.

According to my knowledge and experience you can print a document remotely using the teamviewer software but before i can help you you will have to be more specific about how you will approach there are basically two applications depending on your approach. first specify your appraoch whether You would like to print a local document on a remote printer or During a TeamViewer remote desktop session you would like to print on your local printer.

It all depends on the size of the document which you want to print. Since documents are sometimes smaller than the printing data. So if you want to print a big data it does not make sense. Also Some printer drivers have no or only limited suitability as network drivers. Keep i mind all these things if you are printing remotely.

If you want to print using a shared printer then after connecting remotely using the teamviewer program Check in the VPN dialog you will see an open explorer click it then after the windows authenticates your system you will be able to see all the shared resources on the computer which you are connected. After this has been done follow the steps mentioned below

* Right-click on the printer you would like to use for printing and choose "Connect“
    * You will be asked if you wish to install the printer. If both computers are running on the same Windows version or you have installed additional drivers in step 4, the printer driver will now be installed automatically.
    * If not, you will be asked to indicate the driver that is supposed to be installed. (You can find it e.g. on the website of the printer manufacturer)
    * Now the printer should be operational. You can check by opening the Control Panel on your local computer and open the "Printers and Faxes". Your partner's printer should now be listed there.

I also wanted to connect to a remote machine and then print a document using a shared printer can you please tell me the method how to print the document from a shared machine using the teamviewer software. I have tried to connect to a shared printer but it really don't works. Any way please if you get another method just post it here.