Thread: How to enable microsoft source engine in windows 7

How to enable microsoft source engine in windows 7

Recently i have upgraded my system from windows vista to windows 7. For your information i am using a dell inspiron laptop which but now i have started getting an error message while i try to update my microsoft office office 2003 using the Microsoft Software Update Services (SUS) in results in an error. from a source i came to know that this is due to microsoft source engine is disabled.
    Last edited by Transporter; 07-02-2010 at 12:42 AM.

Re: How to enable microsoft source engine in windows 7

Can you tell me why are you very much certain that you are having problem with the source engine itself. Have you checked the log file also tell me from where do you get the information that you are having problem with microsoft source engine only. Also do not forget to post the log file so that i can give you a better solution.

It appears as your office 2003 program is corrupted and hence you are not able to download and install the updates so if you want to update your system you need to repair your system using the setup cd or if the repair does not help you then you will have to reinstall the whole office program all the best.

Thanks a lot for helping me firstly i want to tell you that one of my friend suggested after i asked him about the error message. He told me that i am facing this problem because microsoft source engine has got disabled somehow. I don't know why did it got disabled. please help me soon to sort this problem.

To enable the microsoft source engine firstly determine the status of the microsoft source engine i have listed the steps below to check the status to disable the microsoft source engine

* Open the start Menu select run and type services.msc, and then click OK.
    * A new window will open and in that windows double-click Office Source Engine.
    * View the Startup type list.
    * If the startup type is set to Disabled, change the startup type to Manual. To do this, click Manual in the Startup type list, and then click OK.
    * Try to install the Office update again.

Go to the start menu type services.msc, and then click OK. Now you will see a new window which contain the list of services find the Office Source Engine and double click on it you will now see a new window opens and in that window try to view the Startup type list if it is disabled then select Manual and click the OK button. After this the update try to start the update again.