Thread: Outlook Express links stopped working in windows 7

Outlook Express links stopped working in windows 7

I am using a dell desktop which is running with windows 7. I installed the outlook express on it which worked greatly on my system. But to my surprise i found that the email links which are embedded in the email messages in outlook express stopped working An error message always comes up saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" please help me to fix this problem
    Last edited by Hebrew; 05-02-2010 at 05:28 AM.

Re: Outlook Express links stopped working in windows 7

Apparently your system might have been affected by a virus or a malicious program and hence i would request you download and install an antivirus program and scan your system using the antivirus. Try to delete all the threats that are detected by the antivirus. After that click on the links it should start working.

It seems that the outlook express program has been corrupted so you need yo repair this program. Because if all other services are functioning properly then it might be due to a corruption in the program file of the outlook express or check in the settings whether there is any sort of setting been disabled.

I had faced the similar kind of issue in the past where my email links were also not opening so i tried a lot of stuff then finally i found that the chrome was the reason behind this problem which deleted the left bits in the registry. i removed or uninstalled the chrome browser and the problem was solved.

Most probably you are facing this issue due to a registry corruption and hence try to repair the registry file of your system using a registry repairer software that is available over the internet. Install this software and install it on your system. After running the repair software the links should behave normally.

I think that your outlook express program is corrupted and hence you need to uninstall the same from the computer. After the uninstallation try reinstalling outlook express again. This will repair all the damages of the registry or the system files of the outlook express and will definitely solve the issue.