Thread: How to alter attachments inside emails in Outlook

How to alter attachments inside emails in Outlook

I am using Windows XP as my operating system in that i am facing some issue with Outlook 2007 whenever i try to open any attachment and make any modification in it and then try to save it as another file it's not letting me to do, whereas it is actually modifying the attachment itself. Does anyone facing such kind of issue ?

Alter attachments inside emails in Outlook

In that case i would suggest you to open the same message and then open the attachment and make whatever modification you want to do it, after that again close the attach before closing your email because whenever you open attachments from the email message before saving to the hard drive, Outlook places copies in the SecureTemp folder. This folder is a hidden folder under Temporary Internet files.

I think for that you need to make some changes in exchange server from back end because as per my knowledge whenever i was connection to Yahoo via IMAP with my Outlook i was not able to do it and at the same time editing any attachment does not mean that you had edited the whole message. It might happen that i might be wrong but this is my point of view.

I don't think so you need any exchange server for the same and as per my knowledge IMAP accounts works properly in Yahoo, but it should not create two copy of the same message. The most important thing is that the message cannot be disconnected from the attachment or can be update for that you need to ope the attachment in edit mode and then open from the preview pane as read only.

Outlook SecureTemp Files Folder

Whenever you make any changes in the attachment which you had receive it in Outlook, then a copy of the same attachment is being copied to a temporary folder on your hard drive so your the virus scanner can check it before it is opened. Then whenever you make any changes Outlook writes this temp file to Temporary Internet Files folder where IE writes pages. The only way to avoid "losing" attachments in this well hidden folder is to save them to your hard drive, before opening it.