Thread: Yahoo! Widget Engine 4.5.2 issues under Windows 7

Yahoo! Widget Engine 4.5.2 issues under Windows 7

Hello. I have been using a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 as the operating system. I have got Yahoo! Widget Engine 4.5.2 from one of my friend. The problem is that the application when been installed is not able to function. It gives an error and closes down. It works well on my friend's PC. Please help me out. Thank you

Re: Yahoo! Widget Engine 4.5.2 issues under Windows 7

The installer that you have brought from your friend could have some issues associated with the same. It is necessary and essential that you need to take the things to work out in possible way by checking out the installer file do have any issues or bugs associated with the same. It would then let you to get into a better conclusion. So check out for the thing.

It is possible that the application is able to get executed to the friend's system as he might be using some other operating system. The operating system you are using may not be able to support the software. You need to check out for the thing that is the minimum ailments required by the application. It may be that the software may not be designed for Windows 7.

This basically resembles to compatibility issue appended with the same. You need to install the compatibility tools for Windows Xp or Vista under Windows 7 that may allow your application to work accordingly to the operating system that it may support with Windows 7. So it would be a very good way to get the thing to work in your way. So look out for the same. You can get the tools from the compatibility center.

Perform a clean boot. This may help you in configuring the application and hence you can easily work through it.

* Click on the start button.
    * Now type msconfig in the searchbox and hit enter.
    * Under the selective startup tab choose Hide all Microsoft services.
    * Disable the services.
    * Restart the system.

This should help out.

Try to run the system under safe mode option and then check out for the thing. This should help out in making the things to work fine as well as getting the things to know that the issue is related to operating system or application. Safe mode has low features and hence it may be very easy to use the application under the same as there would not be any compatibility issue. So do check out.