Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Substitute of Windows Explorer

Windows Software

Old 04-02-2010

Substitute of Windows Explorer

Hi, i am new to this forum and really found it very effective. Thanks to you all guys. I am a Windows Xp user and have a little query about Windows explorer. Today i saw person using Xp was having a dual panel explorer on his system. I mean, he has explorer C drive on the left side and D drive on the right. Definitely it was not Windows Explorer. I guess he might have installed any application that can replace Windows explorer. Do you guys have any idea or suggest me any substitute of Windows Explorer ? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-02-2010

Re: Substitute of Windows Explorer

Well, i know just one application that can replace windows explorer and that is FreeCommander. It is an easy-to-use alternative to the standard windows file manager. This handy tool allows you to see side by side two windows files, filter files in a folder, synchronize two hard drives, print the list files in a folder, change the settings (date and time) of a file, to permanently remove and so secure a file, split a large file into smaller files, ...
Old 04-02-2010

Re: Using FreeCommander

Thats correct. Even i use FreeCommander as a explorer on my Xp system and it works fine. It is also compatible with Vista and Windows 7. Here is how to use it:-
  • Double click theFreeCommander icon on the desktop .
  • A window opens with two file trees. You can browse two folders simultaneously.
  • To change the drive, simply click through and select the appropriate drive to open in the toolbar.
  • By default, when you close FreeCommander, records that were previously open are displayed. Not to open previously opened files, click the Extras menu, click Preferences, click Preferences and click the Start Start with the following folders. The list window left and right window lets you define the folders to open at startup. Click OK.
  • Note the green arrows history that allow you to return to previously opened files.
Old 04-02-2010

You can take FreeCommander anywhere - just copy the installation directory on a CD or USB-Stick - and you can even work with this program on a foreign computer. With FreeCommander, you can filter files in a folder to view only those that interest you. To do this:-
  1. Open the file filter. Click the File menu to Filter and then click Set Filter.
  2. Enter your mask filter by entering part of file filter, eg January * for files whose name begins in January Use the * character to replace part of a name.
  3. Click OK.
  4. To unhide all the files, click the File menu, click Filter and then click All Files (*.*).
Old 04-02-2010

You can also change the date and time of a file with this useful application. Even better, you can adjust the date and time of photos taken with a camera whose camera is not set at the correct time. Just select the photos you want to change the attribute. Click the File menu and click Attribute / date-time. Check the box Change the date and time and specify the dates and times and modified files. Check the box Postponing the date or time changes, select a value and a unit and click OK. Thats it. You are done.
Old 04-02-2010

In order to print the list of files in a folder, open the folder you want to print content with FreeCommander and click the File menu and then click List Contents of a file. Specify the name and path of the file that will list the contents of the folder, choose whether the subfolders should be taken into account and click Start. Close the window once the operation is completed. Open the folder where you put the file.Double click the file to open it. You can then print down the File menu click Print.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,