Thread: Portable application for windows

Portable application for windows

I was thinking that windows is most commonly used operating system is there a need for the portable application for window. This though came to my mind because I am having 2 gigabytes of pen drive which is kept idle. I have the other important data in it but then also the space is left in it. Forget it that is not the matter of concern. Lets come back to the topic and the topic is there any portable applications for windows which can be stored in my USB or not. If there are then please mention in the replies.

Re: Internet portable application for windows

Yes there are many portable application for windows operating system. I will mention some of the internet related portable application. Portable version of Firefox is must if you use the Firefox browser the most. There are many add on available for the portable version of Firefox. If you are a google chrome user then the portable version of google chrome is also available, and for the opera users there is OperaUSB available.

Re: Portable application for windows

Pidgin portable is used for the instant messaging for several service providers like Gtalk, Yahoo and Facebook. Skype potable is also another portable for video chats and phone calls. GIMP portable for window can used for editing images and photographs. If you want to work with icon then IcoFX portable for windows is the software you need. For editing the vector graphics Inkscape portable is the best. Riot portable for window allows the user to save the images in the most suitable compression ration which is used for email and web.

I will like to discuss the office portable applications for windows. If I am talking about the office application then who can portable OpenOffice Suite. With this OpenOffice not only the user can work with the word applications but it can also be used for creating the PDF version of word file. You can also go for the portable AbiWord, it is similar to the Microsoft word. The GUI of this software is similar to the Microsoft word so if you are a word user then you can easily hook up with the AbiWord.

Portable utility software for windows are mentioned below. Notepad++ is best replacement for the normal notepad application of windows. Recover File, it is clear from the name that this portable application of windows can be used for recovering the deleted files. TureCrypt is the must have portable application of windows, since it can be used for carrying the sensitive data. CCleaner is the portable application for windows which is used for cleaning the garbage from your computer system.