Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2010

Combofix deleted files in windows vista

I have a compaq laptop installed with windows vista. As my system was infected last night i downloaded the combofix program. Initially it worked for me but gradually i found that some of my important files are missing after the installation including some of the program files i don't know how combofix deleted program files but i think that this problem has something to do with combofix. Help me please
Old 04-02-2010

Re: Combofix deleted files in windows vista

I would recommend you to download another antivirus program and check whether the files are deleted due to the combofix. If you make it sure than only i can recommend you to uninstall the combofix programme from on your system it might be possible that your files are deleted by some other reason.
Old 04-02-2010

First of all please make it sure whether your problem is really due to the combofix program or not . Because i have used this program and it's really a great program if you want to delete some of the files manually. So download the AVG free edition and scan your system for some other threats which might be the culprit behind this problem.

Last edited by kattman : 04-02-2010 at 03:17 AM.
Old 04-02-2010

Firstly i would like to thanks to all those who replied me. I downloaded the AVG free edition and installed it on the system and it could not find any single virus or infection and hence it became clear that the problem is due to the combofix problem So please tell me how to get rid of this problem.
Old 04-02-2010

The simplest solutions to this problem is to uninstall the combofix problem if possible. So open the control panel and select the Add/remove program utility and then select the combofix and click on the remove button which is beside it. this will remove the combofix program from the system.
Old 04-02-2010

As far as i know if you simply remove the combofix problem from the control panel it will not solve the issue some of its traces will still remain on your system. That's why its better to restore your system to a date prior to this problem when your system was working smoothly your problem will be solved.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,