Thread: iTunes password problem with NAS server

iTunes password problem with NAS server

I have a Qnap NAS server with built-in iTunes server which is working absolutely fine with my system. But Now i am facing some a problem which is quiet weird . While i was accessing the server today with my system yesterday. I clicked the nas under shared drives and the itunes asked me for the password and accidentally I mistyped one character of the password but "remember password" box was already checked. Now i can't access the NAS drive with itunes. help me please.
    Last edited by Callium; 04-02-2010 at 12:30 AM.

Re: iTunes password problem with NAS server

To solve this problem i will need some more information on this issue since you have checked the remember password option by mistake the system will remember the wrong password. If possible , Tell me which browser are you using and since different browser have different methods for clearing passwords

Thanks a lot for replying me friend i am using the windows 7 operating system and Mozilla firefox browser. i have searched a lot but could not find a solution to this problem. So i need a solution to this problem desperately can you tell me the procedure to clear this remembered password so that i can type the correct password.

I think a reinstall will definitely help you in this matter. Because when you will install the itunes software program again then it will loose the stored password automatically. If this does not solve your problem then you need to uninstall the browser which you are using. Hope fully this will fix the problem.

For deleting a password which is remembered by the browser you need to go to the tools option and then select options and then switch to the security tab and click on the saved password buttons and this will open a new window now on this window you will see a button remove click on it now the password will be deleted.

In order to delete the password which is remembered by your browser you will have to follow the steps which are mentioned below :

* Open the browser
    * Go to options and select the security tab
    * Now click the saved passwords buttons this will display all the saved password select the pasword and click the remove button.
    This will delete the password from the browser.