Thread: Problem in opening autosave file ASD

Problem in opening autosave file ASD

When i tried to click on the save button my microsoft word stopped responding. After that when i tried to open a new word document, no auto save panel was brought up on the side which normally it does. When i tracked down to the autosave file i found an ASD file type, and when i try to open it I get a message stating that "microsoft office word cannot open this file because it is an unsupported file type". When i open it into notepad I get half english and half symbolic kind of language. After that i thought that it might be the problem with the microsoft office so then I installed Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack1, and it should have fixed the problem but when i opened a word document the page got opened but sudden a message came up stating the error. I am using microsoft word 2007 on windows Vista. It would be appreciate for any help can be given.

Re: Problem in opening autosave file ASD

You are saying that you are not able to open the asd file extention that u tried to open it in the word. I think you should try to change .asd to .docx file extention. This might help you out with your problem. As when i also suffer these kind of problem then i use the same method to make read the docs in the word. There are most of the cases where people suffer with the file extention problem. So if you think then you just try it.

Definition of .ASD file

First of all we should be aware of what is .asd file extention and what all its uses. The .asd file extension is defined as automatically saved MS Word files. This fucntion of autosave files is applied as it stores the open documents to a temporary file, which are useful in recovering the information that we lose when the system crashes or when the computer hangs up. These files should be accessed by MS word, incorrect associations causes many of the file extension errors.

In many cases the users are not aware of what is going on, why a person is notable to open these files. They think that its a microsoft word's problem but i don't think so, as you suggest that you have changed to MS 2007 office that is great but an internal error can also occur this problem. So i suggest you to please check the registry option i think it would be related to registry related errors or may be a program which would not appropriately installed.

I would suggest you a recovery software by which you can open the file in doc format. Recovery for Word fixes all the corrupted Word documents files i.e (.DOC). It supports Microsoft Word 2007, it is very simple to use with a great new features and new improvements for recovery engine, it the latest recovery for word 3.1 which is the most advanced data recovery tool available. It supports all modern file versions like Word 2003/XP 2000/97/95/6.0 documents. It recovers text and also for formatting. It recovers password-protected files also.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

To open a document, follow these steps:
    1. Go to start word.
    2. There on the File menu, click on Open.
    3. In the File of type list, there you click on All Files *.*.
    4. You need to select the file, and then click on Open.

Sometimes you can find the file but you are not able to open it. Or else, you may open the file, but the file damaged. In this case:

1. Go to start Word.
    2. On the File menu just click on Open, and then select on the document which you want to recover.
    3. In Files of type box, click Recover Text from Any File (*.*), and after that click on Open.