Thread: Video alignment in virtual dub

Video alignment in virtual dub

Hi,
    I have some images takes from my digital camera. I had a small pieces of videos taken from it. The issue is that some video are not properly aligned due the mode which it is taken. The settings were done by cameras and I does not found any option to make it straight. A friend suggested me to use Virtual dub for that. How to align a video by using Virtual Dub.

Re: Video alignment in virtual dub

Yes it is possible with VirtualDub, a freeware video editing, rotate your video, for it always appears in the right direction. You can take this operation to encode a new format your video to DivX for example, which is recognized by most standalone players and computers. So that makes your work more easier. You can not only convert the songs but also align the video output in it.

I will to recommend VirtualDub. It is a nice and easy video editor software. You can not only convert your videos to the latest formats but also rotate the videos as you need to do that. It is also advisable that you must have all codec in your computer before doing so otherwise you can face errors.

Here is the way to do that. Run the software and then open the video in it. Select the filter entitled Rotate2 and click OK. In the Rotation Angle field, enter 90 to rotate your video 90 degrees in the opposite direction clockwise. Enter -90 to otate your video in the direction of clockwise. Click the Show preview button and check the preview your video is set in the right direction.

As your rotating a video I will recommend you to encode the video properly because this will then not spoil your video quality. As you add up a video then click the Audio menu and make sure Direct Stream Copy is selected. Click on the Video menu and click Compression. Select the codec DivX 6.8 Codec and click OK.

If you want a better quality output from Virtaul dub and want that this video works in most of the players then simply get the video format to avi. AVI is the most common type of video which is widely played on most of the players and PC. Virtual Dub by default will give you the option of avi with other also. Selecting the above will be a better option.