Thread: How backup utility file perform on windows xp Professional

How backup utility file perform on windows xp Professional

hi,
    I recently installed windows xp professional operating system in my office system.I have also installed sophos anti virus for protect my system from virus,worms or any other malware.Actually i am worry about my original data because whenever the original data on the hard drive is accidentally erased or overwritten then what should i do? I thing backup file are useful for that.But i don't have much idea about that.How it is use or How it perform?So anybody tell me about that problem

Re: How backup utility file perform on windows xp Professional

The Windows Backup Utility can help create a copy of the information on a hard drive and copy it to a file or to a tape.In the event that the original data on the hard drive is accidentally erased or overwritten, or becomes inaccessible because of a hard drive malfunction, that time we would lost important things so the copy can be used to restore lost or damaged data.The backup software enables a user to make an exact duplicate of everything contained on the original source.The first is to restore a state following a disaster (called disaster recovery).The second is to restore small numbers of files after they have been accidentally deleted or corrupted. All users can back up their own files and folders.They can also back up files for which they have the Read permission.As well as all users can restore files and folders for which they have the Write permission.

A good backup program is work after your hard disk crashes. If you use Windows XP Home Edition then you need to some installation.Windows XP includes its own backup program.Windows XP Professional, the Windows Backup utility (Ntbackup.exe) should be ready for use.Windows Backup Utility provides five backup types: normal, copy, differential, incremental, and daily.For the start up the backup utility file firstly open windows xp start menu then point to All Programs,after that accessories the program then go to the system tool after at the end click backup.

The main benefit of hard disk storage are low access times, availability, and ease of use but The main disadvantages of hard disk backups are that they are easily damaged.So we can use backup utility file for that purpose ,there are five backup types: normal, copy, differential, incremental, and daily,In Copy backup which is a copy backup copies all selected files but the archive attribute is not cleared.after that Daily backup is copies all selected files that have been modified the day the daily backup is performed.as well as
    Differential backup which is created or changed since the last normal or incremental backup.When you want to start the Windows Backup Utility then From the Windows XP default Start menu, point to All Programs, Accessories,
    then go to the System Tools menu , and finally click Backup.

A Windows Backup Utility file can be saved to a hard drive, a floppy disk.When data is backed up to a tape,that time a tape device must be connected to the computer .Tapes are managed by Removable Storage. If you use Windows XP Professional, the Windows Backup utility (Ntbackup.exe) should be ready for use.As well as you might be know about what to back up and Where to Store Your Backup Files.Windows Backup Utility files usually have the extension .bkf, but it can be changed to any extension
    Last edited by Macarenas; 03-02-2010 at 02:04 AM.