Thread: VGA driver problem with acer laptop

VGA driver problem with acer laptop

I use an acer aspire 5738 laptop which was running smoothly with the windows vista. Recently i upgraded the system to windows 7 after which the problem started. Because right since after the upgradation the screen saver was disabled and i could not put the system to the sleep mode which seems as a VGA driver problem. Please help me regarding this matter.
    Last edited by Welsh; 03-02-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Re: VGA driver problem with acer laptop

I think that this is not a driver problem since the drivers of windows vista are almost compatible with the drivers of windows 7. It also sounds as you have upgraded your system to windows 7 from the windows vista. Hence you need not require to install the driver again. If the problem persists still then install the driver again from the acer's official website.

First of all i would like to know whether you have upgraded your system or you have done a clean install on your system. After knowing this only i can provide you a better solution to get rid of this issue. As far as i know all the drivers of windows 7 are almost compatible with the windows vista hence there is no question about a driver problem.

Sounds as your driver have been rolled back due to some internal issue in the system so i would request you to upgrade the drivers once again with the driver discs. But before that try to check in the device manager if you see a yellow question mark. If yes then right click on that device and select update driver the click the recommended option and this will solve the issue for sure.

You need to visit the official website of the laptop manufacturer that is the www.acer.com Now on that website try to find out your laptop's driver which is compatible with windows 7. But before installing the driver check that you are installing the Intel driver only. If this does not work then try to use the other driver.

Appears as your system has severely been affected by a virus or a malicious program hence it is recommended that you install a suitable antivirus and then scan your system thoroughly and heal all the detected threats. If the problem persists still then try to repair your windows using the recovery discs. Hope you will fix this issue soon.