Thread: Which is a best utility for drive partition in MAC

Which is a best utility for drive partition in MAC

Hi,
    I am confused about MAC partition. There is not much scope here. What happen is that I had now decided to put back a new hard drive in my computer. So that I can use the other one as a secondary data tool. But the issue lies with the drive partitioning. What is the best tool for that. I will go with Disk Utility. What are the more options available and what points should I keep in mind while dong the formatting work.

Re: Which is a best utility for drive partition in MAC

Drive Genius can re size and manage partitions on your hard drive. No need to delete your partitions to change the number and size. In just a few clicks you can easily resize your partitions, delete some or create new ones. You can also make your partitions invisible / visible. You can also change the location of partitions on your hard disk.

Drive Genius also offers exciting features for servicing, maintenance and de-fragmentation while IPARTITION you can only add, delete, formatting and re-cut to your fly scores. Both software works perfectly. While the first version of Drive Genius had not satisfied the new version 2 is entirely satisfactory for this type of operation. The new version 2 has been completely redesigned and is extremely simple and intuitive to use.

IPARTITION is very useful because it can change the partition map of your hard drive like Apple Partition Map to GUID for example, without having to re-format the disk. If your hard drive in Apple Partition table and you do not want to switch to initialize the GUID partition table, use this software. If you started on the installation DVD of Mac OS X, you can install, immediately and without interruption SNOW LEOPARD on your hard drive. Then, quit the application Disk Utility and continue the process of installing Mac OS X. Choose course the partition for Mac OS X when the installer asks you for the volume / partition destination.

Once OS X installed, you'll automatically start on your new OS X partition, where the system freshly installed OS X! You can safely eject the install DVD of Mac OS X. It'll just install then your personal files wherever you chose to install. After everyone is master on board and made according to his desires. Of course, as you were careful, you had made backups. So just copy your personal files (text files, photos, audio, video.) again on your hard drive. The easiest way is still to use Migration Assistant that starts automatically after installing OS X Snow Leopard.

Although it is possible with these two programs to change the number and size of the partitions on the fly, you should know that it is obviously impossible to do these operations on the volume where you started. It is therefore essential, in this case is to start on an external hard drive or a DVD, or use the target mode. To Device data loss in case of crash (you never know) or any problem, I recommend you of course have a backup of all your files.