Thread: What is MiniCamCap

What is MiniCamCap

I came across this software called MiniCamCap, when I was searching for some software that can help me to use the webcam as a recorder. So, as I did not get much information of the same from the internet, I need to know what is MiniCamCap. What are the operating systems that it supports? If I want to buy this software, what will be the approximate price of the same?

Re: What is MiniCamCap

The operating systems supported by MiniCamCap are as follows:
    1. Windows 2000
    2. Windows 2003
    3. Windows XP
    4. Windows Vista Starter

MiniCamCap does not have any additional system requirements than the above mentioned operating systems. It costs around $28.00 and has a file size of just 1.87MB.

MiniCamCap acts as a Webcam Recorder and Monitor. Its main features are that it can detect faces and take photos, that can be sent to a specified email address. It needs only 1-3GB hard disk space for the video recording of a whole day. This is because of its high compression rate. The system recording can start automatically even after system restart.

MiniCamCap seems to be a very useful software that can be used for security purposes of the system. I am going to purchase this software, but I am also upgrading my system to Windows 7 in a few days. So, will it work in that system after the upgradation. If it does not work, what should I do in that situation? Please provide suitable replies to this query.

You will have to use the compatibility tool to make MiniCamCap run in Windows 7 operating system. This is so because the application is incompatible with Windows 7. This tool has been released to get rid of the incompatibility issues in the operating system. I can assure that this method will work, since I am using the same in my system to remove all the incompatibilities in the system.

Use any of the following softwares if MiniCamCap is having problems when it runs in your system:
    • Super Webcam Recorder 4.2
    • EatCam Webcam Recorder Pro 3.5
    • oRipa Yahoo Webcam Recorder 1.2.3
    • Quickcam-webcam-reocrder 1.0
    • Webcam Video Capture 2.527
    • Camersoft MSN Video Recorder 2.2.22
    • Camersoft Skype Recorder 1.2.26