Thread: Power options stopped working in windows 7

Power options stopped working in windows 7

I am a new windows 7 user i have just started using this operating system since last week. All is working fine except the power options. None of the power options are working including the screen saver also the monitor won't turn off neither the computer goes to the sleep mode. No matter how many times i try to adjust it. please help me
    Last edited by Abel18; 02-02-2010 at 04:46 AM.

Re: Power options stopped working in windows 7

It appears as you have not adjusted the setting properly so i would recommend you to adjust the power options again. Also try to ,make sure that you have disabled all the devices that may wake up your computer from the sleep mode if possible try to adjust these settings with the help of the help menu or press the F1 key from the keyboard.

Thanks a lot for replying me friend also let me make it clear that i tried what you have suggested. I tried to adjust the screen saver settings when i press the preview button i get a black screen and after setting in the power option to turn off the monitor after 2 minutes it does not turns off and nor the sleep setting works for me. Any other ideas please help.

It would have been better if you have downloaded the windows 7 upgrade advisor from the official microsoft website. So i would suggest you to download it now and check for all the suggestions given by this software since it will recommend you about the software as well as the hardware needs of the system and try to upgrade your system.

Most probably it might be due to a driver issue so i would request you to check all your drivers. Whether they are up to date or not. If not then try to install the drivers properly. The best match for any hardware are the windows driver but you can still achieve somewhat more better drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Well if nothing has worked yet then try the steps which i have mentioned below Since these steps solved my sleep problems:

* On the start menu select the search box and type "powercfg.cpl" and press Enter.
    * Click "change plan settings", After that click "change advanced power settings".
    * Browser down and under "Multimedia Settings > When Sharing Media", Now choose "Allow the computer to sleep".
    * Press the OK button.