Thread: Data transfer Powerbook to iMac

Data transfer Powerbook to iMac

Hello

I want to transfer files from iMac to Powerbook Mac Applications and vice versa, but i don't know the most accurate way of doing this. I searched the forum without success answer. What do you think the fastest way to transfer data from one powerbook on Imac and imac to phonebook?

Thank you for your opinion

Re: Data transfer Powerbook to iMac

If just want to transfer some number of files to or from powerbook to imac and your firmware isnnot working then i would try a normal ethernet cable . You just need to plug cable at both end and first make sure you having file sharing and appletalk on both machine , You don't need a fancy cross over ethernet cable because the PowerBook will do the crossover automatically.

Yes chroma suggested a simple and fastest method, you can network the two mac using crossover cat-5 ehternet cable. You should be able to pick up a short one for under $10. They're invaluable to have, so keep it around. Anyway, just network the two together and you're good to go.

If you would like a copy clone of the iMac and then keep the books of hard drive intact. Simple is a firewire cable between the two, start the PowerBook with the T key, which rises like an external disk on the desktop of the iMac.

Use the Migration Assistant to transfer the files , only thing you need is an ethernet cable. I would recommend to use SuperDuper , its come also as free version. Connect the two iMac with a FireWire cable and restart the iMac you want to move with the T key until you get the FireWire symbol (which is a known target disk mode, or TDM). Then use SuperDuper to create a clone of the iMac first to second.