Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Recover lost bookmarks from Safari

Windows Software

Old 01-02-2010

Recover lost bookmarks from Safari

Hello,

I made a mistake: to prohibit access to certain site under the icon of the bookmarks bar at the left end of the safari, I made "apple + i" on the file Bookmarks.plist (Library> Safari> Bookmarks.plist) and I put "Access: access forbidden" and I started Safari, and then the surprise in the bookmarks bar everything is erased, leaving only the icon of an open book the left end of the bookmarks bar, and when I click on this icon all my hundreds of bookmarks stored are lost too.

I then put the file in the state Bookmarks.plist Access: reading and writing, as it was before, but I still can not find my bookmarks

I fear that I finally lost the bookmarks stored, How? please if you have a solution thank you in advance.

Old 01-02-2010

Re: Recover lost bookmarks from Safari

Duplicates the file, quit Safari, gives the correct permissions on the file, relaunch Safari.

"File"> "Import Bookmarks" will seek your file.

Stop touching the file permissions (especially in the Library)
Old 01-02-2010

Hello

Safari bookmarks are in the file Bookmarks.plist File Safari Library of your browser.

Remember that if you restore the file from months ago, it will overwrite the current file = Or you save the first current or you then restore the last backup.
Old 01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac rumor View Post
Duplicates the file, quit Safari, gives the correct permissions on the file, relaunch Safari.

"File"> "Import Bookmarks" will seek your file.

Stop touching the file permissions (especially in the Library)
thank you for the reply. I duplicated the file and put the proper permission, but it was grayed-Bookmarks.plist copy - when I pick it up. I searched the original restored fifteen URL to Apple but the bookmarks bar there is still nothing. I wonder where they went the other? Thank you again for you ..
Old 01-02-2010

I think it's grilled, if you gave them permission in writing first before quitting Safari. Since Safari does not load the file to open (since it was still forbidden) but it was able to save closure (since you have given permissions meantime, the thing never to do: change in its corner a file also being used in an application), it may be crushed and replaced by its default file (the favorite default base when it opens Safari for the first time ).

That's why I said to duplicate the file before you quit Safari, but the damage might be done if Safari had the opportunity to re-write the above without having preloaded . You may bookmark backup (Time Machine. Mac or otherwise) to restore (having quit Safari first, this time ).
Old 01-02-2010

Well damn it then. I have no Time Machine to restore, I am still on Tiger, even worse I can not use the installation DVD., Ejected systematically the problem of DVD drive is arising after the Mac OS X 10.4.11 Update but c ' is another question, why I think to replace my eMac with the new iMac. But how to import bookmarks from Camino?

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,