Thread: Blender FBX Importer

Blender FBX Importer

I am using blender on my vista computer system and i am looking for some importers for a blender. I have seen many people finding for the same on several forums.
    I want to import verteces, uvs, animations, transformations, and bones. Is there any python script to do it?

Re: Blender FBX Importer

I have used many different types of an importers with my Blender. Actually i have done by using the FBX converter which you can find on an Autodesk's web site. You just need to use this converter to convert it in to .obj or a .3ds then you can easily import in to your Blender.

I have used many different types of an importers with my Blender. Actually i have done by using the FBX converter which you can find on an Autodesk's web site. You just need to use this converter to convert it in to .obj or a .3ds then you can easily import in to your Blender.
    I have used the technique which you have suggested but i guess it has some problem with an animation frames. Actually i have used FBX to 3ds converter but after i am done with all then saw that it has dropped an animation frames, Can you tell me how do you keep those animation frames.

COLLADA is a COLLAborative Design Activity for establishing an open standard digital asset schema for interactive 3D applications. It involves designers, developers, and interested parties from within Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) as well as key third-party companies in the 3-D industry. I have used Collada importer which is an amazing and it does not show you any kind of error while using it. You can go to the LINK for more informations.

From my point of view FBX import is not at all easy thing to use with the blender. It is a script which has been started by Cambo, The guy who have created FBX exporter. I guess the only way to use it is to use anther 3D application which can support for the FBX such as Cheetah or Modo.

I have heard that Blender 2.45 would be having an Autodesk FBX exporter specially supporting for an exporting character animations. Actually FBX is an advanced format which is not known by many people and most of them might not be knowing that an exported blenders multiple UV and color layers as well as lights, and camera data.
    Even this works with the Maya, Motion-Builder, Cinema4D and Unity3d.