Thread: How to rip Blu-Ray on Vista 64 bit

How to rip Blu-Ray on Vista 64 bit

One of my friend is having Vista 32bit. We found that playing of Blu-ray is not supported on his system. In work around i got that it is supported on Vista x64.I had not tried yet, but just a guess as i have Vista 64 bit. Is it possible to play Blu-ray discs in Media Center or Media Player on my Vista x64 ? Also i want to know how to rip Blu-Ray on the same system ? Thanks in advance.

Re: How to rip Blu-Ray on Vista 64 bit

Yes, you can play Blu-Ray or any other HD movie on Vista x64. But in order to rip Blu-Ray disc on your Vista system, you need a third party software called as Blu-ray Disc Ripper. To start ripping first Decrypt and backup Blu-ray Disc. Copy Blu-ray movie to a folder on a hard drive from the original disc, mounted virtual image, or from another folder on a hard drive. Decrypt Blu-ray m2ts files using the CPS key you provide and Remove Blu-ray disc region code to allow playback regardless of region setting of the player.

Now launch the blu-ray ripping application, Input CPS Key, and hit 'Start' button.Thats it..

Download Blu-ray Disc Ripper.

There are some more applications available for ripping blu-ray on Vista system, like AnyDVD HD.It Remove Blu-ray copy-protection and region codes, play Blu-ray movies on your PC with Cyberlink’s PowerDVD Ultra which otherwise do not run, allow you enjoy movies over a digital display connection without HDCP-compliant graphics card and HDCP-compilant display. you can Blu-Ray or any other HD movie on Vista, with some catches. You need a card which is HDCP compliant, a drive to run the discs, and a program capable of playing the discs. I'm not sure if WMC can play it, I have heard of a third-party program that can.

You need to have a HDCP compliant video card and monitor to play Blu Ray on Vista x64, I didn't know about the monitor requirements when I built my system, so I was unable to view my Blu Ray disks with my LG drive. What I did find is that a DVD ripping program will install software on your system to defeat the asinine HDCP requirements.I know Handbrake doesnt remove DRM, but in order to rip/transcode a DVD, you have to remove the DRM/encryption.DVDfab HD Decrypter is better than DVD43 or DVD Decrypter. It's uncrippled for ripping the DVD to your hard drive, but if you want the transcoding features then you have to pay.

suoying14 Guest

I like Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac:
    Last edited by Maqbool; 11-05-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, removed the same.