Thread: What can I do to improve windows 7 working

What can I do to improve windows 7 working

My computer is working extremely slow. First it was working fine but later on I download and installed Norton. After installing the same my computer become much slower. I am not able to get the way out of this. I had downloaded the antivirus because of virus issue caused in my computer due to internet issue. But later on I removed some applications to make that thing proper. What can I do to improve windows 7 working.

Re: What can I do to improve windows 7 working

To make your computer speed up or you can Speed up your boot time for this you have to do this. Windows 7 has significantly economized the boot time, but its still behind Ubuntu. Well, if you still crave for a faster boot up, try this Power tip. Step 1: Type msconfig into the Start menu search bar. Step 2: Click through to the System configuration screen. Step 3: Select the boot tab. Click on Advanced options and set the number of processors from 2 to 4, depending on whether you system is dual core or quad core.

Re: What can I do to improve windows 7 working

If you want to restore the Quick Launch Toolbar with the windows 7. The windows 7 had come with a huge Quick Launch taskbar in which you can have a shortcuts for all the applications which you use. The person who are using the old Quick Launch Toolbar, might find it somewhat confusion. With this easy steps you can restore the old Quick Lunch toolbar. Which you can see below.
    Step 1: Right click the taskbar
    Step 2: Choose Toolbars>New Toolbar
    Type %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    Step 3: In the Folder box and click Select Folder.
    Step 4: Right click the taskbar and clear the Lock the taskbar.
    The Quick Launch toolbar will appear on the right.
    Now to minimize its space right click the divider, clear the Show Text and Show Title. Now right click on the toolbar and select View >Small Icons.

Re: Open folder in new process in windows 7

To open folder in new process in the window 7. This fundamentally saves the system's resources, but even one folder crash can bring down the entire shell. You might encounter system crashes whenever you do something in Explorer. You can avoid this in a easy way. Open the Computer, hold down the shift key, right click on your drive and select Open in New Process. Next time you open a folder it will be launched in separate process and so a crash won't affect the other processes.

Re: Removing the clogs in windows 7

To removing the clogs in Windows 7. The window 7 had present a far superior performance than Vista. Still your PC might get sluggish due to some anomaly. Click on the Start and type RESMON and press Enter. This will launch the Resource Monitor. Click on CPU, Memory, Disk or Network tabs. Windows 7 will immediately show, which processes are engaging the highest system resources. The information on CPU offers you something beyond what you use to get in Task Manager. Suppose a certain program has been blocked you can right-click on its name in the list and select Analyze process. It reveals why the program was halted. The reason might be that it had to wait for another process. This could be the clue to solve your problem.

Re: To Get rid of the Send Feedback link in windows 7

In the windows 7 you can get rid of sending the Feedback link. In the window 7 the Microsoft has incurred a feedback. It permits you to inform about the bugs or present any good idea that comes to your mind. Just by clicking the Send Feedback button you can send your feedback to Microsoft. Now when you have finished sending feedback you might think of removing the Send feedback option. This would require you to apply a simple workaround on the registry. Step 1: Go for the regdit. Step 2: Search for the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop. Step 3: Set the FeedbackToolEnabled value to zero and restart your PC. In case, if you would like to suspend the Send Feedback links temporarily set the value to 3.

roddicklevit Guest

Arrow Re: Open folder in new process in windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    To open folder in new process in the window 7. This fundamentally saves the system's resources, but even one folder crash can bring down the entire shell. You might encounter system crashes whenever you do something in Explorer. You can avoid this in a easy way. Open the Computer, hold down the shift key, right click on your drive and select Open in New Process. Next time you open a folder it will be launched in separate process and so a crash won't affect the other processes.
    Raine..

Thanks for the information.. it really had its flavor in its own style..
    Being a computer savvy I would love to have these kinda msgs to hold on to it...

How would be the work if-at-all its working with two operating system... parallel.. LINUX and WINDOWS 7 .. would we come across any sort of problems..???

Roddick.