Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Notification area configuration in windows 7

Windows Software

Old 31-01-2010

Notification area configuration in windows 7

I need some tips on customizing the notification area in windows 7. How to do that. I am trying to d that because of some programs irritating me. I had tried this software for that but nothing works. Second thing I want to disable the aero completely through registry. How to do that. I have a ram shortage and that is eating too much of systems memory.

Old 31-01-2010

Re: Notifications using Local Group Policy Editor.

If you are an knowledgeable PC power user you might be irritated with the inflatable notifications popping up and telling you what you know previously. Perhaps you do not want to see anything in the notification area at all. Today we take a look at how to render inoperative the Notifications using Local Group Policy Editor.
Old 31-01-2010

Re: Notification area configuration in windows 7

If you want to access the Local Group Policy Editor after selecting the Start button you have to press enter, and then type gpedit.msc into the search box and press Enter. The balloon notifications can get tremendously annoying. Sometimes it can seem like they will never stop, depending on what apps are running. On the left side navigate to User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar. On the left side under Settings scroll down to “Turn off all balloon notifications” and double click. Click Enabled the Apply and Ok.
Old 31-01-2010

If you do not necessitate to see anything in the Notification area on the task bar, we can put out of action everything completely. On the left side navigate to user Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar. Now on the right side under setting scroll down and double click on Hide the notification area. Under Hide Notification Area click on Permit, then Apply and OK. Perhaps you want to get rid of the clock a well, go to Remove Clock from the system notification area and permit that setting.
Old 31-01-2010

You will necessitate to log off and go back on for the procedures to go into consequence. And now you will have enormously nothing to distract you in the notifications area. If you want to use a registry hack to put out of action the balloon notifications in all versions of Vista and Windows 7. The Geek has a guide for that too. Here are a some of other objects related to tweaking the Notification Area.
Old 31-01-2010

First up all you have to open up the regedit.exe from the start menu go to the run box, and then navigate down to the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows. Once you are there, then you have to right-click on the Windows key and generate a new key called Explorer. After doing this you have to just right-click on the right-hand side, and generate a new 32-bit DWORD with the following settings called Name: NoWindowMinimizingShortcuts and value as 1.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,