Thread: Disabling the aero by a shortcut

Disabling the aero by a shortcut

How to Create a Shortcut to Enable/Disable Aero Transparency in 7. I want to shortcut on the desktop. Because sometime I uses it and sometime I just disable to increase up the system speed. The other thing I want to do is to create my own administrator short for uac. The uac in windows 7 is very irritating. And by this no one will be able to enable it back again by me.

Re: Disabling the aero by a shortcut

To Manually Enable/Disable Aero Transparency you can accomplish the same result by right-clicking on the Desktop and choosing Personalize and then Window Color and Exterior you should see the Enable transparency check box in this screen, which works immediately. That will be the most easiest way for enabling and disabling the same by one click according to me.

To generate Aero Transparency Shortcut. Right-click anyplace and decide New \ Shortcut, and then go into in one of the following into the position box to generate the new shortcut. Add this as per your need. To Turn Aero Transparency Off - rundll32.exe dwmApi #104, Turn Aero Transparency On - rundll32.exe dwmApi #102. Just by clicking on it you can facilitate and idsable the same.

One of the majority talked about aggravations in Windows Vista are the UAC prompts that persistently pop up when you are trying to make system changes. It’s particularly annoying when you often need to run a particular tool that necessitates administrator mode in order to run. This works by setting up a scheduled task to run the submission in Administrator mode, and then setting up a separate shortcut that tells the planned or programmed task to run. If that sounds difficult, it’s really not. Just follow through the instructions below. Because you are required to click through a UAC prompt to setup the planned or programmed task, it’s not really a security loophole.

You can do that by the above trick. But as you configured the same At this point our planned or programmed tasks setup is done, so you can close out of that if you want. As long as you keep in mind the name that you used for the task. Create the Shortcut to Start the Task right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose New \ Shortcut from the menu. Now here’s where the real magic happens. We need to add a command that will run the planned or programmed task, passing in the name of the task that we used. As you can see, I used run regedit as the name for the task. Make sure you enter the task name like this, replacing the capitalized letters for the name of your task. (It’s not case sensitive) schtasks /run /tn “TASKNAMEINQUOTES” Now give your shortcut some useful name, and then click next to create it.