Thread: Drupal Users cannot edit simple pages

Drupal Users cannot edit simple pages

I had created a website in Drupal and at the same time i had given some users edit page content permission but when they are trying to do so they are not able edit simple pages. Can anyone tell me what would be the exact issue i had discuss it with my friends, but they also don't have any idea about the same. Your small view would be very helpful for me.

It might happen that the nodes which users are trying to edit it, are not permitted to use in that case you need to check out there permission of that particular node for that you need to go to admin/user/permissions and over here check out the permission of that node because most of the time user make mistake in assigning permission for users.

Drupal user cannot edit a node

I am also facing similar type of issue where i had created a node but after sometime i had loss edit option of that node and i had check out that i am having appropriate node access permission and at the same time i am not getting any error message or there is noting in the drupal log too. Can anyone explain me or help me out ?

In that case i would suggest you to check out the format of the body field and see if is it Full HTML or php code and at the same time check out that the user role cannot create content of that input type in such kind of case user won't be able to see the edit tab for that node. In such kind of case you need to change the input format to one who can access or can grant access to input format for that you need to go to admin/settings/filters option and make the necessary changes.

Most of the time a user don't have permission to use the input filter assign to that node this changes can be made by an administrator or any person who has access for input filter permission which leads to the user never had, or no longer has permission to use the input filter associated with the node. So in that case you need to restore permission for the user to access the filter used when the content was first created by him for that you need to run an sql query which would be as follows

Code:
    SELECT n_id, u_id, title1, format FROM {node_revisions} WHERE format <> {default_filter_id} AND u_id <> 1;