Thread: How to delete files using Duplicate Cleaner

How to delete files using Duplicate Cleaner

Hi, i am a Windows Xp user. While work around i found that there are many duplicate files on my system and i guess they are making my system slow. So i decided to remove all this duplication with a good application and i found some good choices here Is there any program to delete duplicate files. . Finally, i downloaded Duplicate Cleaner. Now i don't know how to use and hence i need your helps. Please make me know how can i delete files using Duplicate Cleaner ?

Re: How to delete files using Duplicate Cleaner

Duplicate cleaner is a useful program to help you organize the contents of your home hard drive or corporate network. It's a fairly old software, but just recently updated to now be compatible with Windows 7. It supports all file types. Here is how to use it and the first thing you need to do is set the search area:

Duplicate Cleaner has four tabs. First, search criteria used to select the file and the type of files that the software must scan the other display the search results. If you have multiple drives, select the one you want: click the arrow in the area below the text search paths. Confirm your choice by clicking the Add Paths. If you made a mistake in the Paths list, select it and click Remove path. Now at the top of the window, click the Options menu and check that analyze sub-folders is checked.

once you are finished setting the search area, you need to select the criteria for selecting files. For that you we must check in the right part of the tab, the Search option file. In the filter files, click the Select button to display the file types available. In the list that appears, click here on Images / Pictures then click the Select button. The File Filter box displays the following image formats. To include all types of files, check Everything. During a subsequent search on images, you will find their sizes by simply clicking the arrow in the Filter files.

The Search for files with the following options: Same content, same file name, same size and date. Tick the ones you want and uncheck the others. Start the search by clicking the bottom left on the Run button. A window informs you when the analysis is finished. Click the Close button.

Duplicate Cleaner will deep scan for all types of files - photos, music, films/video, Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, text files - you name it, if it appears twice on your computer then Duplicate Cleaner will find it. To remove the duplicates file form your system change the order of columns. For readability, move columns. For example, display the Group column between the Path and Size columns. Click on the header and make a click-drag to the desired position.

For more help, see this similar threads:
    How to Delete Duplicate Files on Windows XP To Free Space
    How to identify Duplicate Files with Primitive Duplicate Finder

With Duplicate cleaner , once duplicate files are found you are provided with helper tools to enable you to select which copies to delete or move.These files can be deleted to the recycle bin, moved into an archive elsewhere, or replaced with hardlinks. Select the items you want to delete taking particular care to leave at least one file unchecked to keep a copy. Then click Remove Selected. Choose what you want to: or send the files selected in step 2 into the Windows Recycle Bin. To do this, check or uncheck the Send in the trash. In all cases, then click the Delete Files button. A confirmation window opens, click the Yes option, then click the OK button and then click Close.

Thats really great tool for the duplicate files or folders on our system. i used it and found it really effective. To make searches, Duplicate Cleaner compares the names, sizes, dates and contents of files. Once the scan is done, feel free to delete the duplicates (by sending them to the trash) or move them to another folder. Thanks sharing this. !!