Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ms Outlook 2010 keeps crashing frequently

Ms Outlook 2010 keeps crashing frequently

Hi,

I have a windows 7 pc with Outlook 2010 installed. My problem is that Ms Outlook 2010 keeps crashing frequently when opening forward / reply / from e-mails. This gives, the error message: "Microsoft Office has stopped working, searching for a solution." Subsequently, the Outlook is restarted and it will work again a few attempts. The hardware is brand new and well equipped. Can someone tell me what could be the problem?

Re: Ms Outlook 2010 keeps crashing frequently

I think, There are many bugs in Ms Outlook 2010 that is responsible for crashing/hanging that have been identified by some users, . The vast majority of users have not had these symptoms, but if you are suffering from unbearable Outlook crashing/hanging, I recommend you wait for the Office 2010, it still in beta version.

Have you tried starting Outlook in safe mode by holding down the Ctrl key? If he behaves in a safe manner, the problem is probably misbehaving Add-In. Uninstall or disable all add-ons and then install / enable the you really need one by one until you find that a cause of the problem. Starts Outlook without Microsoft Exchange Client Extensions (ECE), the Reading Pane, or toolbar customizations. Component Object Model (COM) add-ins are turned off.

I am going throuh same problem, when I try to sort my mail folder on a field (such as "From" or "Subject") or search for specific text in the search box, Outlook 2010 will fail. Sometimes crashes as soon as you click inside the search box, even before you start writing. Simply click inside the search box causes Outlook to hang. Sometimes it crashes immediately after sorting through a field, so when I click on "From" to sort by sender's email, which immediately crashes.

Many of Ms Outlook 2010 users are experiencing the same issue Windows 7. This issue started occurring after downloading the latest updates. When this occurs, leave it for a minute or two, and press ctrl+alt+delete button then right click on the exe in the start bar and select Close and restart again. close all other application that are running. Then it will opens fine.

Try creating a new profile. An e-mail profile consists of of email accounts, data files and information on where e-mail is stored. A new profile is created automatically when you run Outlook for the first time. After that, the profile runs whenever you start Outlook. Most people only need a profile. However, you may find useful to have more than one profile. For example, you could use a profile for the work related emails and another profile for messages in your personal email account. Also, if others use your computer, accounts and settings can be kept in separate profiles with different names.

I was also having the same problem in Win7. Starting outlook in XP3 compatibility mode resolved this issue.

Hello there, such incompatibility issues in Windows 7 can also be solved with the help of the compatibility tool. So, installing the compatibility tool for MS Outlook 2010 will do the required compatibility settings with the operating system. Try this method, if anyone is facing a problem with the same, still.

If the compatibility tools ain't making the things to get sorted you can try to process a clean boot services that would let the application to get the things to work out well for you. Open the start menu and then type msconfig in the searchbox option and then hit enter. Now choose Hide all Microsoft services under the selective startup tab. Now disable the services and then restart the system.

Quote Originally Posted by austin26 View Post
    Hi,

I have a windows 7 pc with Outlook 2010 installed. My problem is that Ms Outlook 2010 keeps crashing frequently when opening forward / reply / from e-mails. This gives, the error message: "Microsoft Office has stopped working, searching for a solution." Subsequently, the Outlook is restarted and it will work again a few attempts. The hardware is brand new and well equipped. Can someone tell me what could be the problem?
    Mine does the exact same thing, actually did it 11 times today.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Harms View Post
    Mine does the exact same thing, actually did it 11 times today.
    Do you get the same error even after opening Outlook in safe mode? If Outlook is crashing for no obvious reason one thing to try is to start the program in Safe Mode. To do that just press and hold the CTRL key on your keyboard while you click the icon to start Outlook. More information can be found here.

I have a new computer with Windows 7 & Outlook Office Professional 2010, which starting crashing VERY frequently when opening any emails from any senders and continued until resolved. It didn't seem to correspond with the size of attachements either. I am using the computer on a home broadband network.

I reviewed many of the responses here and found the answer in one of the posts relating to the disabling of add-ins. I found about 6 or 7 of them and disabled them all for now as I don't believe I need any of them. If I later want to try adding back, I will do so one at a time and checking for updates from the 3rd party software companies (before adding any back).

To disable Add-Ins, go to the FILE menu; select OPTIONS; select ADD-INS; at the bottom of the screen, from the Manage "Com Add-Ins" window select GO and check the add-ins to disable.

I haven't had a crash since doing this.

Thinking back now, I ran into the same issue with Outlook 2003 with an anti-virus add-in.

I disbled the pdf adds in (nuance) and it worked

I haven't had any further Outlook crashes since disabling the add-ins and I haven't found myself missing any functionality without them.

Hi all, thanks for the advice. Just wanted to share that I had crashing issues on Outlook after installing the new version of AVG antivirus, disabling the AVG add-in seems to have solved the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast