Thread: How to check correct browser setting for Internet Explorer

How to check correct browser setting for Internet Explorer

I just want the correct setting for my default browser (Internet Explorer). I am trying to figure out that what should be checked when I right click on IE and i go to the Properties and after that in Advanced.
    In advance it has the Settings like for Accessibility, Browsing, Underline Links, Http 1.1 Settings, International, Microsoft VM, Multimedia, Printing, Security, and so on.

To keep protected from all the viruses, hacking etc.. just I want to make sure that we have set everything correct.
    I also face one of the weird things I keep having problems with my computer whenever i use IE is that i keep losing the taskbar. It seems that most of the time it happens, when i click on the login button it brings up another window and then i lose everything. So, is there any settings in someplace to set it to do the width and height or something.

The problem which I face from the viruses and spyware and people hacking us. I just want to make sure that the settings are all correct.

Re: How to check correct browser setting for Internet Explorer

You can use "Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool" to scan for malicious software that might have changed the Internet browser settings. On the other hand as part of the repair process, the tool resets your Microsoft Internet Explorer settings to point to a specific Microsoft Web site that includes instructions for reconfiguring the settings.

If you want to fix this problem from microsoft people then go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you can fix this problem by yourself then go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.

To reset your options on a computers that uses Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (Internet Explorer 6).

This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, please do a back up of registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Just follow the steps given below:

1. In Internet Explorer, click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
    2. On the General tab, type the URL of the page that you want to set as your default home page in the Address box, click Apply, and then click OK.
    3. To change the search options, follow these steps.

Note These steps may affect only the current user. You may have to follow these steps for other user accounts if they are present.

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Programs tab, click Reset Web Settings, and then click Yes in the Reset Web Settings dialog box.
    4. To verify that these settings were changed, start Registry Editor. To do this, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    5. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar
    6. Click Delete to remove this subkey.
    Last edited by kattman; 29-01-2010 at 04:47 PM.

I wonder that your PC is new because if your PC is new, the list of the settings would be correct and the way you wanted it to be. From the reason that you have stated it sound like, you have been infected by a virus before, and which resulted in those settings which have been changed.

I would suggest you to reset the settings back to default, run your virus/spyware/malware programs, and leave it all alone. If any threats are detected then it would brought to your attention, after that you can take appropriate actions to be taken.

Considering your problem i would say that your post is about IE and you want to check some browser setting for it.
    I think you might be facing some virus problem with your browser. To overcome this first go to IE and then in Internet Options - Privacy - Advanced - Settings - I would suggest you to accept first party & session cookies but should block 3rd party cookies. Accept that any changes are up to you. More important is your Anti Virus and Malware software which should be regularly updated.

Hi,
    I think you should change the proxy setting of your browser for security reasons which would help you to protect your browser from virus threats.

To Change Your Proxy Settings on Internet Explorer

Step 1
    Power up your computer and open Internet Explorer. If it isn't already installed, visit the Microsoft Web site to download the latest version (see Resources below).

Step 2
    Go to the 'Tools' tab.

Step 3
    Select 'Internet Options.'

Step 4
    Click on the 'Connections' tab.

Step 5
    Hit the 'Settings' button.

Step 6
    Look over the list of settings options, then click on the circle beside the one that you want.

Step 7
    Click 'OK.'

Your proxy settings have now been changed. If you want to change them again, simply follow these steps, but make a different selection from the settings options list before clicking 'OK.'

Charlene Chanonto Guest

We know that people use different software and tools to make their work flow easy and systematic. Also by project management software people can protect their important project data. Because security of project data is really necessary for everybody.
    Last edited by rupesh; 29-01-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Link Removed