Thread: Unable to use GPS while receiving call

Unable to use GPS while receiving call

Just few days back i had bought a new iphone. I don't know much about it. I'm having 3 GPS softwares been installed on my new iphone. Now the problem is that whenever i'm using one of them, at the time of receiving call the program gets automatically ended and when i try to end the call the program restart itself. So, can any one tell me that why does i'm unable to use GPS while receiving call? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Unable to use GPS while receiving call

I have no problem doing Pandora (on high quality) and using turn by turn. TomTom have released that they have their software working on the new iPhone. What surprised me is it will pause Pandora , alert you of a turn, then continue Pandora. Very nice seamless transitions.

It seems like quite a big project for Apple to pull off but maybe they have collaborated with Google? The new app runs on the iPhone 3G or 3GS and requires iPhone OS 3.0. Maybe something like this will appear on the app store? Compatibility with the iPod Touch and older iPhone models should come soon, said TomTom. Seems a bit pointless to have GPS if it can't be used for the thing that most people use GPS for so hopefully there will be some sort of solution.

Do you see the blue dot (GPS dot) in the map but no map image? You can have the screen locked and still run a application. I know pandora works in this manner and I'm sure this app will too. Airplane mode might turn off the GPS antenna. So even if you enable wifi separately, gps might still be off.

However the GPS in most cell phones are not like those in your handy GPS receiver that you take hiking. First off - in order for the GPS to acquire your position, you need a clear view of the sky. It may not work correctly indoors. Use TTS and turn up the volume. There are better ways to solve the problem. Most cell phones do not allow the user direct access to the GPS data, accurate location determination requires the assistance of the wireless network.