Thread: Configuration of Acronis True Image Home 2010

Configuration of Acronis True Image Home 2010

I am a Windows Vista user. Suggested by my friends, i decided to buy Acronis True Image Home 2010 for backup and restoration process of my system. But to be frank, i don't know anything about this utility. And hence i am here. Could you guys please let me know some important info about the same and please make me know how to configure Acronis True Image Home 2010 ?

Help appreciated.

Re: About Acronis True Image Home 2010

Acronis True Image Home 2010 is a software that lets you create full backups of operating system (just like Norton Ghost). In case of software failure (severe recurrent instability, viruses, etc..) Software of this type are able to restore a full operating system. With Acronis True Image Home 2010, rest assured that all your important data including images, music, documents and applications are well protected and can easily be recovered in the event of any disaster. It provides home users reliable and timeless backup and recovery of their operating system, applications, settings and personal files. From an intuitive graphical interface, you can easily define where, locally or online, and how often to backup a PC based on your needs. In addition to the scheduling tools found in previous versions, the new scheduler expands the amount of scheduling options available. Use the new calendar view to build schedules and tasks. Suspend and enable tasks, specify dates to run tasks, and copy tasks to new dates.

Re: Installation of Acronis True Image Home 2010

To install Acronis True Image Home 2010 follow the normal process we do for all application, run the setup file by double clicking the same. Click "Install Acronis True Image Home and Click "Next". On the next screen enter your serial number if you purchased the software otherwise leave empty. Click "Next" then "Typical". Once Acronis True Image Home installed, you can click on the button "Close". Beware a restart is required to run the software.

Re: Create disc image using Acronis True Image Home 2010

To create disc image using Acronis True Image Home 2010, just go through these steps:-

1. Launch the program and cancel the pop up notification you get.
    2. To create our backup of the partition that contains our operating system click on the "Save" icon and then click the "Backup Disk and partition"
    3. On the next screen, you must select the partition that you wanna create disk and click the button "Next".
    4. If this is your first backup select "Create a new backup archive. Then choose the location where you want to store your backup by clicking on "Browse".
    5. This can be another partition for example, or an external hard drive or other media. Give the name you want in your backup, for example here is "backuptutorial.tib.
    6. Finally click "Next" and on the next screen click on Run. The backup process will start.
    7. This may take some time depending on the size occupied by your disk from which you create your image and also the speed of your disk.

Re: Restoring a disk image with Acronis True Image Home 2010

To restore the image created, you need to follow these few simple steps:-
    • To restore the disk image of your system click the "Restore" icon and then click the "Restore Disk"
    • On the next screen, you have the list of backups that are on your hard drive, select the one corresponding to your choice, then click "Next".
    • However if you want to restore only files or folders in your backup then choose the second option. Then click "Next".
    • Select the partition where the image must be restored, and click "Next".
    • Again click "Next"
    • Now Acronis True Image will prepare for the process. Attention to this a restart is required. It is of course not possible to restore a system partition while it is in use, this explains the need for rebooting. Then click on "Run".

Thats it..

Re: Configuration of Acronis True Image Home 2010

There is also a function called Try & Decide. It allows you to perform various operations on your computer that can be potentially hazardous tasks such as installing untrusted software or opening an attachment contained in e-mail received without taking risks. It was made a temporary workspace secure and isolated from the rest of your computer. So if your system starts to become unstable due to certain transactions well, you can cancel all changes made after the execution of Try & Decide.

If you have misplaced your CD of Acronis, whether damaged or that you have purchased Acronis True Image on the Internet, do not panic you can create bootable media from which relief can be useful if your computer is down and can not boot into Windows.