Thread: How to organize desktop icon by fences

How to organize desktop icon by fences

Hi,
    I have lots of icons on my desktop. I usually crate new articles on Word and then save them on the desktop so that other users can get them frequently. But many times it happens that some files are not able to see. The software's and file icons gets jumbles with each other and that spoils the picture. After searching on internet I found that I can use a software called fences to manage them. I need some details about the same. How to mange icons by fences. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to organize desktop icon by fences

You put most of the icons of software and documents you use on your desktop. With the free Fences, you can arrange icons on the desktop by creating areas on the screen and placing icons within. You can then save all icons of games in a particular area, do the same for your office software, documents, etc. And if you want to clear up the desktop to enjoy your screen, simply double click on the desktop allows you to hide all icons. You need only repeat the process for them.

Download and install Fences. It is a free program you can download from the software library PC Tips. Once the download is complete, click Run. To create frameworks to store its icons run it and then Click I'll create my fences on my own. Click on Create a fence. Go to your Windows desktop. Click the right mouse button and draw a rectangle. Release the mouse button and click on the menu Create new fence here. In this way a fence is created.

That's correct. Fences helps you to manage your desktop much better. You can simply enter a name for this category: Office for example. You can then simply drag the inside of your desktop icons that correspond to this category. You can also repeat to create other frameworks and to store your icons. Fences window gives you an overview of the location of windows on the desktop. To maintain a framework and icons on the screen when you hide all the icons, click on the frame with the right mouse button and select the command View, Fence Exclude from this quick-hide.

It is possible to move frames wherever you want on the desktop. With Fences, you can easily position the frames where you want, enlarge, reduce, change their titles and even color. To change the shape of a frame, move your mouse over and you approach the edges. The mouse cursor changes to a double arrow. Click and enlarge or reduce the size of the frame. A scroll bar may appear if the part is too small for all the icons it contains.

click the right button of the mouse and choose the Rename command Fence. You can change the color settings, click on a frame with the right mouse button and select the Configure command fences. Play with sliders and color transparency to change the appearance settings and much more.Fences allows you to quickly delete all the desktop icons. You can also choose to keep only certain frames on the screen. To remove all desktop icons, just double-click an empty space of the Bureau.