Thread: How to block Task Manager in Vista

How to block Task Manager in Vista

Hi,
    I am using Windows Vista. My computer has 1GB RAM support. There are something which I want to do here. I am running an software on the screen which ask for user login. But many user shutdowns the program from task-manager.Is there a way by which I can block Task Manager. How to disable Flip 3D to improve the working speed of windows. And when i connect a USB in my computer the green icon is not shows on the system tray. What to do for this.

Re: How to block Task Manager in Vista

To prevent users of your computer use the Task Manager in Windows to close a process instance, you can disable it via the registry. But before doing the same take care that it is a critical system file. Click the Start button. In the search field, type the command regedit and press Enter. In the Windows Registry Editor that appears, scroll down the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Windows, CurrentVersion, Policies. Click the Edit menu, click New then click Key. Type System and press Enter. hen pull down the Edit menu, click New then DWORD Value 32-bit. Name the new value DisableTaskMgr and double click it with value 1. Restart your computer.

With Flip3D activated with the keyboard shortcut Windows + Tab, you can switch between open windows in 3D. By default, up to 10 windows displayed. In this case, the windows are so small, illegible and can make life Retord a low graphics card. By reducing their numbers in Flip3D, windows will be displayed in a larger size. You can check the same by options in it.

If you does not want Flip3D then you can disable that from Windows registry file. Run the regedit tool and then go to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER, Software, Microsoft, Windows, DWM. Click the Edit menu, click New DWORD 32 bits. Name it Max3DWindows then double click it. Select Decimal and enter the number of windows displayed in Flip3D, 5 for example. Click OK. Restart your computer to apply the change.

If you find that all the icons or thumbnails of your images are identical or do not correspond to their files, you can correct the problem by purging the cache of thumbnails. For the open My Computer and then right click on the the C drive and click Properties. Click Disk Cleanup. Scroll to delete files and check Miniatures. Click OK and confirm the transaction by clicking on Delete Files. Your problems with icons and miniatures then disappeared.

Before you unplug your USB drive, you must be sure to write all the data you've copied over is completed. To safely remove your USB key, you can add a shortcut on your desktop allowing you to complete all transfers properly with the key. Click the right button mouse on a blank area of the desktop. Choose the New command, shortcut menu that appears. In the Enter the location of the item, enter the following command Rundll32 shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll. Give a name and you are done.