Thread: Fixing windows registry with CCleaner

Fixing windows registry with CCleaner

Hi,
    How to fix the windows registry file by using CCleaner. I had found some invalid errors in my computer. After restarting the problem appeared. So I tried to run a virus scan. I had also found that windows is not keeping a track of my recently opened documents. And how to disable the new software highlight in the start menu.

Re: Fixing windows registry with CCleaner

The Registry is the core file of Windows. It contains all the configuration of your system. Over the time many key becomes invalid to add unnecessary. With the free CCleaner, you can repair the registry errors and get rid of obsolete data. All this happens in a completely secure thanks to a backup of changes you can restore if a problem occurs. Just download it and run the same.

Yes CCleaner is a simple software you clean up your windows registry. Run Ccleaner by double clicking its shortcut on the desktop. Then errors detected by the program are displayed. Click Repair errors selected. Confirm the backup of changes to be made in the registry by clicking the Yes button. Name the backup file, choose a location then click Save.

The best part of this software is that that after scanning Ccleaner then presents you with all the mistakes one by one. Error detection is very effective, you have very little risk of encountering any problems corrected. And you always have a backup you can restore if needed. Then click on the button Correct all errors and confirm the selected operation by clicking Yes.

Windows Vista keeps a list of recent documents opened. You can easily disable this list. Click the right mouse button on the Start button and click Properties. In the Start Menu tab, uncheck the Store and display recently opened files. Click OK. Open documents are no longer listed and the Recent Documents list is cleared and removed from the Start menu.

When you install software, it is highlighted in the Start menu for a few days. If this bothers you, you can easily disable this setting before. Click the right mouse button on the Start button and click Properties. In the window that opens, click the Customize button. Then uncheck the Show newly installed programs highlighted. Click OK twice to confirm.