Thread: .Dav file is not able to execute with Media player

.Dav file is not able to execute with Media player

Hello. I have a desktop machine with Windows 7 been installed in it as the operating system. I have a movie file that is in .dav file as the extension. I have Windows media player 11 but it do not support the file. I am not able to execute the file in the media player that I have. What could be the reason? Please help me out. Thank you.

Re: .Dav file is not able to execute with Media player

The .dav file extension is a video file that may be recorded from the cctv dvr. You need to look out that the file support feature is basically not supported in Windows media player. So you need to look out for the player that may support the video file. Type dav file players on Google. You may get media players that may support the feature for the same.

You can use a converter tool in order to make the software application to work in order to use it under the player that you have. It is possible that the media player supports the format as avi and mpeg. But the plugins needs to be added on so that codecs should then support that needs to be downloaded for the media player. So check out for the following things that needs to be implemented.

Use dav player that supports .dav file. This player is freely available and you can get it downloaded form the sites that offers its download. Search on Google as dav player. You will get innumerous number of sites that may offer you to download the required media player that will allow you to execute the thing. So do check out for the same. This should help out.

As you have windows 7 installed as the operating system in your machine. You need to check out whether the player that you are trying to execute the process is able to cope with the system well. It is quite very much possible that the operating system is not able to cope with the file that you have in the media player. So it would be better if you try to check out by using the same under other operating system.

There is a possibility that the file you are executing or use is not able to work out well. This is because the file has gone corrupt due to some external entity. So you need to look for the file that it needs to be recovered from the damaged part. If the file is been damaged then it needs to be recovered by using recovery tool application. Hope it will let you to a better conclusion.